2014 NFL Season Thread

records.png

OK. Hell-to-the-no on a #1 AFC seed for the Bengals, Arizona winning only eight, and the Bears as is right now getting 11 wins.
As long as the Bears' defense steps it up from last year, I don't see how 11 wins is unattainable.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There isn't a chance Dallas wins only 6 games this year. Unless if we lose Romo. Then we're screwed.

And despite all of those useless stats you put out there, Dallas finished 5th in ppg. Like I said, offensively, we're fine. The only concern is on defense but after last year, the only way to go is up. We can't possibly be any worse. This is a 9-win team at best. I don't think we'll actually win 9 games, but 9 wins should be enough to win the division.

The Linebaka runs your offense.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So the NFL on Fox released its announcing teams and plans and OH SWEET JESUS HOW THE HELL DID YOU MANAGE TO MAKE THINGS WORSE

Ah, so Dick Stockton's the poor bastard who has to call the Rams games this season.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So the NFL on Fox released its announcing teams and plans and OH SWEET JESUS HOW THE HELL DID YOU MANAGE TO MAKE THINGS WORSE

Ah, so Dick Stockton's the poor bastard who has to call the Rams games this season.
Dick Stockton is only 71!?! D@mn he looks 80. I guess he got better cosmetic surgery than his ex-wife, Leslie Visser, ever paid for.

FOX must trying to beat him down into retiring. I wonder if Turner will put a squeeze on him in October since he didn't call the NBA playoffs this year for them which was the first time since didn't do the playoffs since '95.

I like my Packers this year. That defense has been overhauled and Mike McCarthy says it's the best training camp/offseason he's seen from the boys since he's been there.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

There ha to be some sort of misunderstanding there. There's no way in hell that Chris Myers is #3 over Thom Brennaman and Kenny Albert, and there's no way in hell Kenny Albert is below those two.

That numbered list doesn't make sense with the way the article is written and how the Week 1 assignments look.

And that revolving door to accommodate Buck for the MLB playoffs and at the bottom with Dick Stockton is absurd. Nobody wants to see/hear that FOX.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

There ha to be some sort of misunderstanding there. There's no way in hell that Chris Myers is #3 over Thom Brennaman and Kenny Albert, and there's no way in hell Kenny Albert is below those two.

That numbered list doesn't make sense with the way the article is written and how the Week 1 assignments look.

And that revolving door to accommodate Buck for the MLB playoffs and at the bottom with Dick Stockton is absurd. Nobody wants to see/hear that FOX.

FOX, via FS1, begins televising two LDS series with this postseason. Thom may have been moved "down" due to that. Buck will still get their LCS and the WS.

My guess is that it's not necessarily in order. But it may be.

I got to watch a portion of the Dallas-San Diego game on NFL Network via the Chargers feed.

It's an utter cashabanga of the last decade or so of CBS Sports graphics. There are some elements that are somehow from the 2003 package, the score bug is inspired by the late 2000s/pre-2013 stuff (and is a box and not a bar)... To call it a graphic trainwreck is appropriate.

The Kansas City graphics are based off the Super Bowl XLVII and beyond material, as are the New York Jets (WCBS). The WCBS graphics are probably the real deal as opposed to the modified version KC had.

I got to watch a portion of the Dallas-San Diego game on NFL Network via the Chargers feed.

It's an utter cashabanga of the last decade or so of CBS Sports graphics. There are some elements that are somehow from the 2003 package, the score bug is inspired by the late 2000s/pre-2013 stuff (and is a box and not a bar)... To call it a graphic trainwreck is appropriate.

The Kansas City graphics are based off the Super Bowl XLVII and beyond material, as are the New York Jets (WCBS). The WCBS graphics are probably the real deal as opposed to the modified version KC had.

1. Chris Myers is only good for sideline talk. In what world is he a more preferred play-by-play man than Brennaman or Kenny?

2. I find it surprising how fast FOX dumped Pam Oliver from the sidelines of the #1 team in lieu for Erin Andrews, even though she's provided marginal talk from last year's World Series and NFC title game.

Archived