2014 NFL Season Thread

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly, I'm sure Goodell is already thinking about changing the overtime rules again after that game. :rolleyes:

Overtime and tiebreaker rules across all leagues only get changed when teams with Brett Favre complain.

Fixed it

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Sadly, I'm sure Goodell is already thinking about changing the overtime rules again after that game. :rolleyes:

Overtime and tiebreaker rules across all leagues only get changed when teams with Brett Favre complain.

Fixed it

No. MLB changed the tiebreaker rules after the Twins had a little tantrum over not getting to play the 2008 ALC tiebreaker at the Metrodome. God forbid the Wild lose a game 7 in OT, or we might get a "have to win by two" rule in the NHL.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Fixed it

That's funny. I still call it the Brett Favre Rule to this day, and it's been almost 5 years since the change.

You know, there's all this talk in the media about how Jim Harbaugh has been whining about wanting more money and how theres a good chance he could end up leaving after this season. Honestly, if I'm the 49ers, I let him walk. This team has FAR too much talent to be dropping games in this manner.

I know, it's week 3. But this sure as hell doesn't bode well for this team.

What makes it even more frustrating is that compared to last year, AZ was down half of their defense, and Palmer wasn't playing. Only what, one sack the last 2 weeks. Next up is the Eagles who are battered on the O-line, but I'm definitely not confident at all for a win.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Fixed it
That's funny. I still call it the Brett Favre Rule to this day, and it's been almost 5 years since the change.

I thought the Favre rule was for teams to give him a 5-6 month window to decide whether or not he'll play football again, and to hold those teams hostage until otherwise.

Fixed it

I thought the Favre rule was for teams to give him a 5-6 month window to decide whether or not he'll play football again, and to hold those teams hostage until otherwise.

You forgot to mention how while waiting fans begin to get tired of his antics, which, tarnish the legacy he had and the respect the fans once had for him before he sells out.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Overtime and tiebreaker rules across all leagues only get changed when Peyton Manning loses.

fify

The 2010 NFC title game with Favre was the straw that broke the camel's back, but the outrage over the last overtime rule actually started the previous season after the Colts/Chargers wildcard game.

Now that Peyton has lost a game under the current OT rules, now these rules are suddenly unfair, even though in 41 overtimes under the current rules, only 7 times has a touchdown been scored by the team that gets the ball first. :rolleyes:

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Overtime and tiebreaker rules across all leagues only get changed when Peyton Manning loses.

fify

The 2010 NFC title game with Favre was the straw that broke the camel's back, but the outrage over the last overtime rule actually started the previous season after the Colts/Chargers wildcard game.

Now that Peyton has lost a game under the current OT rules, now these rules are suddenly unfair, even though in 41 overtimes under the current rules, only 7 times has a touchdown been scored by the team that gets the ball first. :rolleyes:

Yes, because there was no outrage when Demaryius Thomas went 80 yards against Pittsburgh in the very first game to use the current overtime format. None at all. :rolleyes:

IUe6Hvh.png

If I'm mistaken, after the Redskins-Eagles game either on ESPN or NBC Sunday Night Football countdown, one of the commentators directly related domestic violence/abuse & the Chris Baker hit to Nick Foles... That honestly blew my mind how they could try to relate the two issues...

Archived