2014 NFL Season Thread

We've seen now two straight primetime game duds, this and the Thursday game. Other than Denver-Seattle, Week 3 has been a general yawnfest of football.

Check that; it's now four duds in the last five primetime games with this SNF sleeper. The Bears-Jets game last MNF saved some face.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saints get it down to two scores. I think it's too little, too late, but if they can get a three-and-out here and if that nervous energy starts to build in the stadium... who knows...

And they get the stop...

At least for the Cowboys, a sack is better in that situation than the usual, ill-advised throw by Romo.

edit: The only thing missing from that fake punt attempt was a guy falling down and playing dead. What the hell were they thinking? As if Dallas wasn't already expecting a possible fake punt, they bring the guy in motion and completely tip it off? What a mess.

IUe6Hvh.png

All I can say is...

Wow. Who is this team parading around as the Cowboys? Seriously.

The Boys scored again. They came to play tonight and I couldn't be happier.

Edit: They won! Please football Jesus, please let them play like that the rest of the year. Amen.

This. Please. This over and over again.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

5 bucks says Skip Bayless deems the Cowboys the favorite in the NFC on First Take come Monday. :P

Of course I won't be watching. Terrible show.

I saw a screen shot of a tweet by Bayless already declaring the Cowboys as the team to beat in the NFC East... A little too fast if you ask me lol

Cowboy fans, this start might be the worst thing to happen to your team. Do you want another year of Jason Garrett AKA the new Wayne Fontes of coaches? Rasputin.

I feel like the best thing to happen for them is he gets canned, but because of all these near-misses, it makes Jerry thing they're on the verge and he sticks with his stupid coach.

Cowboy fans, this start might be the worst thing to happen to your team. Do you want another year of Jason Garrett AKA the new Wayne Fontes of coaches? Rasputin.

I feel like the best thing to happen for them is he gets canned, but because of all these near-misses, it makes Jerry thing they're on the verge and he sticks with his stupid coach.

It's a fair point, but I don't know if I could bring myself to actually wanting them to lose in hopes of getting rid of Garrett. I'd rather win and let him sit on that sideline. They may not have to lose for him to get canned, seeing as Jerry got rid of Jimmy after winning the freaking Super Bowl.

No. Just no. Literally nothing you said makes sense, especially with this Cowboys team.

The Cowboys are 3-1 for the first time in 6 years. Garrett has built this team basically from the ground up. This offense is the best Cowboys O I've seen since I was a little kid watching the triplets play. Defensively we're still a liability and we will not be contenders until that is fixed.

However, Garrett has always maintained this vision, or this "process" if you will, and everybody, including me, couldn't see what he was trying to do. I think it's obvious now who's right. The Cowboys are on track to become a good football team.

I think Dallas has rediscovered what always worked. Have a star quarterback as an accessory to a better running back. Get in a shootout if necessary but only if necessary.

They're running game with Demarco Murray is covering for their defense because they dominate TOP now. Keep with this formula and I think they have a good shot.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

It's amazing how the Packers keep succeeding despite being literally a three-man team besides Rodgers. Jordy, Cobb, Lacy. That's it.

This isn't the team of 3-5 years ago where you had six-seven options like Driver, Jones, Jennings. They are literally a two-man receiving team and a RB that has really not looked great this season.

And yet everyone's conceding the NFC North to them despite being IMHO one of the least talented overall good teams in football. I don't think they're better than the Eagles, 49ers, Broncos, Seahawks, Bengals.

But because EVERYONE loves Aaron Rodgers, they get so much benefit of the doubt despite having Mike McCarthy- the worst SB-winning coach since Switzer- and Dom Capers' increasingl useless defense barring takeaways.

And Peter King picked them to make the Super Bowl?

The Packers are in a mini-rebuilding phase, that's for sure, but I'm not sure I see eye-to-eye with you on McCarthy. He's not an all-time great, but he's one of the better offensive minded coaches in the league. His problem is he relies so heavily on Capers to coach the defense, and Capers is steaming turd who can rarely hold up his end of the team. If the Packers had a defense resembling anything close to a pulse since 2010, they'd probably have won another Super Bowl by now.

As far as the recievers... back when they won the Super Bowl, Jordy was the least experienced of the bunch, and he was in his third year. This is exactly where Randall Cobb is right now, and he's the most senior WR after Jordy. It's going to take guys like Devante Adams and Jeff Janis awhile to develop the relationship and chemistry with Rodgers that he has with Jordy and Cobb.

But yea, this team is at least two years away from being a serious contender again. Then again, they barely even made the playoffs in 2010.

I'm wondering if Allen was actually fired or not. I'm guessing we'll find out tonight or tomorrow.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Byum6CMCEAAExLY.jpg

Colts safety LaRon Landry has been suspended 4 games for PED violation.

The hell you say. He looks fine to me. :P

Human beings can't naturally look like that without a lot of help. I'm not saying it's impossible for someone to do it but look at the size of his head. It's like a peanut compared to his arms and chest.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived