2014 NFL Season Thread

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone doesn't think that Johnny Manziel won't dominate NFL coverage this season, prepare. You'll hear about Manziel for the next 5 months.

It will be hard to hear about him as a backup, and when in his first preseason game he did hardly anything.
Did you forget the year Tebow spent with the Jets? Johnny's getting his coverage.

PJU85JF.png

If anyone doesn't think that Johnny Manziel won't dominate NFL coverage this season, prepare. You'll hear about Manziel for the next 5 months.

It will be hard to hear about him as a backup, and when in his first preseason game he did hardly anything.
Did you forget the year Tebow spent with the Jets? Johnny's getting his coverage.

Tebow already had success in the NFL winning a playoff game and taking a sub-par team to the playoffs. Sure, whenever the Browns lose, the media will look at Johnny. But that's not because it's "Johnny Football", but because it's a young first rounder possibly replacing another QB.

When Manziel starts winning games and proving himself, then the media will start to really talk. But I can't imagine the media going to crazy with a backup.

God dammit.

I'd like to point out that a current player was suspended for only two games because he beat his girlfriend unconscious. Seems totally fair.

Also, thank goodness he wasn't caught smoking weed, else he'd be out for the year.

EDIT: to ninersdd, I think calling the Cowboys defense a "defense" is insulting to the other NFL defenses'. This "defense" is more akin to a matador instead of a defense.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Yeah, I'll be kinda sad if the Niners don't put up at least 40 in week 1.

The first half of the season is going to be awful lol.
Four of their last six are on the road in cold venues. At least they have IND at home during that time and their OL has as many season ending injuries as the DAL defense. They also do not get the extra two days off following the Thanksgiving game as they'll play on back to back Thursdays.

I told you a while ago that this was a six win team at best, even before Garrett mismanages at least two games away.

Dumb question, why are the Colts in the AFC South? Makes no sense when it's nowhere near the sunbelt.

Without looking too far into it, it's probably just the way the divisions came together and Indy being the odd one out. Keeping Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Pittsburgh together in the North was pretty obvious, given the rivalries there. I don't know whether Baltimore/Pittsburgh was a thing yet but keeping Baltimore with Cleveland was probably a pretty obvious choice as well.

IUe6Hvh.png

Dumb question, why are the Colts in the AFC South? Makes no sense when it's nowhere near the sunbelt.

Switching the Colts with Miami would make all the sense in the world, as the Colts were a part if the AFC East before 2002. But for whatever reason, Jets-Dolphins is a super big rivalry in the NFL's eyes. They had 2 noteworthy games (Fake Spike and Monday Night Miracle), but still not a good reason to keep the Dolphins out if the same division as the cross-state Jags.

6uXNWAo.png

Dolphins/Bills is the bigger rivalry, I think.

The Colts were such a blah franchise for so long that I don't remember them much nattering for long portions of the 80s and 90s, let alone having a rivalry. They were the odd team out, so it made the most sense to move them.

Remember when Seattle was in the AFC West? And Arizona in the NFC East? Those were fun times.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The thing that makes the least amount of sense to me is having dallas in the NFC east, any NFC south team could replace them and make more sense.

I agree with you on that... The Panthers should replace the Cowboys, but the most likely reason they keep the Cowboys in the East is to keep the Cowboys-Redskins rivalry alive

Cowboys-Redskins

Cowboys-Eagles

Cowboys-Giants

all bigger rivalries than those same match ups with the Panthers instead. Plus the league is always guaranteed bigger ratings for those 6 games.

Also, these teams only play once a week so geographical proximity isn't as important as it is in baseball or hockey.

If I was rearranging the AFC back in 2002 I'd put Baltimore in the east, Miami in the South, and Indianapolis in the North. Indianapolis is three hours from Cincinnati. That has untapped rivalry potential. But I suppose maintaining the Miami-New York, Buffalo, New England rivalry is the same argument for the Cowboys being in the nfc east.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived