2014 NFL Season Thread

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please move all Buccaneers talk to the anti-thread.

You know, I'm pretty sure I meant to call it "Anti-NFL Thread," but it came out wrong. I like it, though. It's sort of like matter versus anti-matter.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Explain to me how exactly did the Steelers managed to squabble a Week 4 game against these pathetic Buccaneers...

Please note how the Browns are currently housing the Steelers. They might not be all that good either.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Did something change with the TV contracts this year? It doesn't seem to be following the same rules as in the past about whether my local games are on Fox or CBS. Is this another thing the Thursday night games have screwed up?

I believe it has something to do with the TNF games, and how it would affect the "minimum" number of Sunday broadcasts for FOX and CBS.

Here are this week's primetime games:

TNF: Colts vs. Texans

SNF: Eagles vs. Giants

MNF: 49ers vs. Rams

I think because, of the three primetime games, two are NFC games, FOX has the ability to take an AFC matchup from CBS to balance out the broadcast sharing for Sunday afternoon games (or something like that).

But it wouldn't be as farfetched to see CBS take an NFC matchup from FOX, since they did broadcast NFC games before FOX Sports even existed.

A meditation as the Rams begin NFC West play tomorrow

"And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them."

-Revelation 9:6

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Did something change with the TV contracts this year? It doesn't seem to be following the same rules as in the past about whether my local games are on Fox or CBS. Is this another thing the Thursday night games have screwed up?

I believe it has something to do with the TNF games, and how it would affect the "minimum" number of Sunday broadcasts for FOX and CBS.

Here are this week's primetime games:

TNF: Colts vs. Texans

SNF: Eagles vs. Giants

MNF: 49ers vs. Rams

I think because, of the three primetime games, two are NFC games, FOX has the ability to take an AFC matchup from CBS to balance out the broadcast sharing for Sunday afternoon games (or something like that).

But it wouldn't be as farfetched to see CBS take an NFC matchup from FOX, since they did broadcast NFC games before FOX Sports even existed.

Additional "flex scheduling" was announced in 2011 when this new TV/media contract was signed. Before the Draft, the NFL set some of the parameters to using it.

Hopefully Fox will consult with NFL Tie Expert Donovan McNabb in their postgame.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived