2014 NFL Season Thread

Easily our biggest regular season win since beating the Saints in 2009, although I'd argue this win is more impressive.

I personally think it's hard to say which win was more impressive (this one or beating the then-undefeated Saints in 2009). I'd personally lean towards the New Orleans game as the bigger win, what with Ware coming back and delivering that huge strip sack after suffering an injury the week before at home against San Diego.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Dolphins just got Rodgered.

Also Philbin is an idiot.

The whole time the Packers are lining up for "the spike," I'm looking at Miami's defense thinking that the Packers were gonna catch the Dolphins napping and fake-spike. Unbelievably enough, nobody in the coaches box or on the field (making considerably more money than me by supposedly being ready to play football) apparently had a clue. An absolutely clueless organization - from logo to the on-field product.

The Dolphins just got Rodgered.

Also Philbin is an idiot.

The whole time the Packers are lining up for "the spike," I'm looking at Miami's defense thinking that the Packers were gonna catch the Dolphins napping and fake-spike. Unbelievably enough, nobody in the coaches box or on the field (making considerably more money than me by supposedly being ready to play football) apparently had a clue. An absolutely clueless organization - from logo to the on-field product.

I think they blew the game when they called timeout with the Packers on 4th down. I don't believe Green Bay had any timeouts at that point and needed to convert on the fly, and it was 4th and a least 7. Rodgers is damn good, but why give them one of YOUR timeouts to think it over? Just stupid NFL coaching.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I personally think it's hard to say which win was more impressive (this one or beating the then-undefeated Saints in 2009). I'd personally lean towards the New Orleans game as the bigger win, what with Ware coming back and delivering that huge strip sack after suffering an injury the week before at home against San Diego.

See, here's why I disagree: :P

In that Saints game, we jumped to an early 24-0 lead then held on for dear life as the Saints scored 21 unanswered points. We hung on for the victory that day. That win was more of a fluke. We caught the Saints off-guard.

The Cowboys dominated the Seahawks. If not for the Special Teams' gaffes, yesterday would have been a blow out. We stuck to our plan and imposed our will against the Seahawks. Plus, it didn't take a perfect game to the beat the Seahawks. We made mistakes that normally dooms opposing teams when they play in Seattle, yet we persevered and won. This win is more impressive, IMO.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Right now the Rams are looking legit. Through one quarter they have been ON it.

(Off topic, I had no idea they drafted Tre Mason...he and Zac Stacy together, with Tavon Austin's jets-to say nothing of Mason's-that's got the makings of something potent if they and Austin Davis can get it going and keep it there.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

You know what's sad about this Rams squad? They could be, and probably should be, 3-1 right now. Had they not collapsed against Dallas and had Austin Pettis not dropped two perfectly thrown passes in a row, they beat the Cowboys and Eagles and advance to a 3-1 record for the first time in... Well I can't remember.

I don't think I can be a Rams fan much longer. It just hurts too much. If and when they move to L.A., I'll have to change allegiances. But to whom?

Just hop on the largest bandwagon in the universe: The Cowboys
Yeah, see that's the thing, I'm not much of a bandwagon guy. I hate bandwagoners, in fact. I'm thinking of moving to Springfield or staying in Cape Girardeau after I graduate, so maybe the Chiefs are a viable option.

Ah, did Buc say something off-color and funny? What'd I miss? :P

Eh it wasn't nothing major-just mis-quoted from another thread. (Side note: I learned my lesson about off-color humor around these parts long ago...)

That said, umm...my how quick the tide turned in this game.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived