2014 NFL Season Thread

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(Side note: I learned my lesson about off-color humor around these parts long ago...)

Really? I accused a public figure of pedophilia the other day and nothing happened.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yeah, the Saints have to scare you because it's in the dome, where they haven't lost the last 2 years. The Chargers are still a top tier team despite yesterday's subpar showing. Rivers has looked great for them.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Horribly officiated game. Rams got screwed on a big play. Glad my 49ers won, but this is what I was talking about a few pages ago (if you weren't sure :)) about the ticky-tacky unwatchable games because officials are not consistent. Granted, it's hard to be an official, it's easy to be a couch official. I'm not sure how the NFL corrects these inconsistencies, or if they even can.

Also, geez Boldin's arms!!

Right now the Rams are looking legit. Through one quarter they have been ON it.

(Off topic, I had no idea they drafted Tre Mason...he and Zac Stacy together, with Tavon Austin's jets-to say nothing of Mason's-that's got the makings of something potent if they and Austin Davis can get it going and keep it there.)

You'd think that, but sadly Brian Schottenheimer runs the offense.

I've decided this season's theme is "the cruelty of hope" BTW. The Rams may be moving to Los Angeles, but I see no reason why either coordinator should join them. Or Fisher, if he can't bear to part with them.

fireeverything_zpsbc564704.gif

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

(Side note: I learned my lesson about off-color humor around these parts long ago...)

Really? I accused a public figure of pedophilia the other day and nothing happened.

Have you not accepted the fact that you're one of the Seven Wonders of the CCSLC and hardly anything you say or do will bear any consequences?

I don't think I can be a Rams fan much longer. It just hurts too much. If and when they move to L.A., I'll have to change allegiances. But to whom?

Just hop on the largest bandwagon in the universe: The Cowboys
Yeah, see that's the thing, I'm not much of a bandwagon guy. I hate bandwagoners, in fact. I'm thinking of moving to Springfield or staying in Cape Girardeau after I graduate, so maybe the Chiefs are a viable option.

Kind of in the same boat over here. Chiefs are certainly the most viable option, but I'm also thinking about the Panthers since I have family out there who are Carolina fans and visit there a lot. Plus I've always kind of like them ever since they came into the league.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Marvn Jones is out for the season. Damnit.

I read that too quick the first time and thought it said Marvin Lewis.....

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'm sure some of you saw this, but this is what I imagine arguments that occur here sound like if we could actually hear them.

http://deadspin.com/radio-hosts-nearly-come-to-blows-on-air-over-strength-o-1647200138

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Nice game by Geno tonight, but Folk gets his long kick blocked to have the Pats survive a huge upset.

But the Jets lost because they had to settle for Field Goals in the 1st Half not TDs,you must capitalize in the Red Zone against the Pats.

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

That was the first game I have ever watched from beginning to end. Usually I'm flipping back and forth between games or, if it's Sunday, between games and the race.

I was terrified of the Jets's chances to win on that last drive. I was hoping with every FG Attempt by NYJ that the Pats would block it. Better late than never, I suppose. Vereen looked good as did Amendola and Gronk. But the defense though... Oof. That's all I can say about it. Chandler Jones had some bright spots though, so that's a plus.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Archived