TheSoundofThrowingPennies

2014 NFL Season Thread

Dallas wins! 6-1 baby! This team is on a roll, and if they keep this up, they will be a force to be reckoned with come December and playoff time.

I really hope we get a Cowboys Niners playoff game.

Another strong performance from the Boys. They are playing with a massive chip on their shoulders and I just hope they keep that mentality going. Is it too soon to say they are back?

Cowboys won, Chargers lost. Today is a good day.

Odd question of the day: Does the Rams' win over Seattle cheapen Dallas' win over Seattle?

Cowboys won, Chargers lost. Today is a good day.

Odd question of the day: Does the Rams' win over Seattle cheapen Dallas' win over Seattle?

Nah, not really. Seattle's always been a completely different team on the road. Going in to Seattle and winning is a big deal, in my opinion. Granted, Seattle isn't as good this year it seems... but they're still really good. They can't just stash depth at every position now that they've had to pay some guys.

Just noticed that two of the top three current bandwagon-ed teams are playing each other on SNF.

The sad thing is, despite riding high at 5-1 coming into this game, there's still a really good chance of the Chargers choking in typical Charger fashion and missing the playoffs entirely. The defense got exposed (albeit with injuries), and appear to be paper tigers that benefited from a weak schedule and the offense dominating TOP. The last two weeks have looked no different from 2012 and 2013. I really don't see Pagano as a championship-winning DC, to be honest.

We now get Denver on a short week, then a stealthily-good Dolphins team. I honestly expect a 5-4 record at that point. Then after the bye, the schedule becomes balls-to-the-wall difficult. Hope I'm wrong, but it's hard not to be cynical and pessimistic given the history of this franchise.

Just noticed that two of the top three current bandwagon-ed teams are playing each other on SNF.

Thanks for the input.

NBC's halftime show is terrible.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

:censored: Seattle. Jeff Fisher you insane bastard you. I love you.

The Rams game was great. It was my first regular season NFL game in at least 10 years, but I picked a great game to go to.

Sucks he broke the record in those goofy blue monochrome uniforms.

Sucks he broke the record in those goofy blue monochrome uniforms.

I didn't even think about that. Yeah, that's really unfortunate.

I know the 49ers defense is banged up but this Broncos offense looks unstoppable -- unfortunately they looked unstoppable last year too. I do think they're better this year, though.