2014 NFL Season Thread

^ Which brings up a very good point...

...How come no one's talking about the Cardinals?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eagles win the East at 10-6. I got the Cowboys finishing 9-7, losing the 2nd wildcard to the Seahawks, who finish 10-6.

I think the Seahawks split a game each with San Francisco and Arizona, but win out the rest of the way, going 11-5.

I think whoever loses the North (Green Bay or Detroit) ends up with the second wild card (Seattle ends up second in the west to the Cardinals, who can't seem to lose).

The Cardinals are really a less flashy version of the Seahawks, average QB, good enough to get the job done when the game's on the line, and a really good defense.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Eagles win the East at 10-6. I got the Cowboys finishing 9-7, losing the 2nd wildcard to the Seahawks, who finish 10-6.

I think the Seahawks split a game each with San Francisco and Arizona, but win out the rest of the way, going 11-5.

I think whoever loses the North (Green Bay or Detroit) ends up with the second wild card (Seattle ends up second in the west to the Cardinals, who can't seem to lose).

The Cardinals are really a less flashy version of the Seahawks, average QB, good enough to get the job done when the game's on the line, and a really good defense.

They're definitely getting the breaks this year that Seattle got last year.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Seriously, I am so tired of the BRADY RINGS argument crap.

In those 9 playoff games, he was pedestrian in all but 3 of them- the Eagle/Panther SB's, he was great. And the AFC-CG against 15-1 Steelers.

Since then, the guy is 8-8 in the playoffs.

Those 3 SB's are ancient history.

What has he done lately? No rings, chokes. Oh, and Peyton has won the last 2 playoff games head-to-head.

BRADY'S BETTER when he's at home. Guy has only beaten Manning thrice outside Foxboro.

Unfortunately, the Cowboys, Patriots, and Steelers are all good. For most NFL fans, that is pretty annoying.

Steelers have been meh last few years. Cowboys are usually mediocre save for 2007 and 2009.

Pstriots? They just don't go away. Ever.

In those 9 playoff games, he was pedestrian in all but 3 of them- the Eagle/Panther SB's, he was great. And the AFC-CG against 15-1 Steelers.

What has he done lately? No rings, chokes. Oh, and Peyton has won the last 2 playoff games head-to-head.

BRADY'S BETTER when he's at home. Guy has only beaten Manning thrice outside Foxboro.

GET A HOBBY

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Good points. I don't know why so many people defend him when it's very possible that he's a cheating benefactor. On this other site, these people keep saying that Elway (he got brought up because I have to defend him because these people think that he is the most overrated player ever) has no argument over Brady. That is nonsense. Brady got to his SB's because of his coach. Elway led Denver to three SB's in the 80's in spite of his coach, and after he retired with back to back titles, Shanny only won one playoff game.

Good points. I don't know why so many people defend him when it's very possible that he's a cheating benefactor. On this other site, these people keep saying that Elway (he got brought up because I have to defend him because these people think that he is the most overrated player ever) has no argument over Brady. That is nonsense. Brady got to his SB's because of his coach. Elway led Denver to three SB's in the 80's in spite of his coach, and after he retired with back to back titles, Shanny only won one playoff game.

And isn't there a sizable home field advantage (even in the regular season) in favor of Brady in Brady vs. Manning? Not saying that home-field advantage is everything, but I wouldn't call it a non-factor.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

And isn't there a sizable home field advantage (even in the regular season) in favor of Brady in Brady vs. Manning? Not saying that home-field advantage is everything, but I wouldn't call it a non-factor.

Manning is never good in the snow either and they had just cleared it out before the game. He isn;t used to his arm being cold which actually can be a difference maker.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

I am a big fan of Manning but the "he doesn't do well in the cold" sentiment does not hold up anymore. He hasn't played his home games in a dome for years now. The Patriots, hiwever, have a huge home field advantage. It seems to me that most "Manning vs Brady" games have taken place in New England. I could be wrong though.

Ten of the sixteen meetings have been in Foxboro. Really, that's just how the NFL scheduling has worked out over the years.

Manning-Brady in Foxboro:

2001, 2003, 2004, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014

Manning-Brady in Not Foxboro:

2001, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2013

You know, it was driving me real crazy how I know there was a Pats-Colts game in Indy in 2008 and yet my count had 17 games and the actual count is 16 games. Finally clicked to me that, oh, yeah, 2008, Brady and his torn ACL and everything. So that makes sense now.

spacer.png

Archived