2014 NFL Season Thread

So why the hell was Rodgers still in there? Why was Green Bay still throwing? The game was well in hand even before halftime but they're chucking balls into the end zone to pad stats and get some cheap lulz. It felt kinda dumb to risk one of the greatest to ever play simply to let him lodge his penis as deeply as possible into the suckling, bleeding rectal bottom of the Bears.

at least somebody had a worse nationally televised showing than the Bengals.

Actually, the Bengals and Bears have a lot of similarities now that I think about it. Except the Bears have won a playoff game in the last 25 years.

This Saints team reminds me of last year's Jets. This is an 8-8 team waiting to happen.

So why the hell was Rodgers still in there? Why was Green Bay still throwing? The game was well in hand even before halftime but they're chucking balls into the end zone to pad stats and get some cheap lulz.

If you were within reasonable striking distance of achieving some single-game record against your organization's biggest rival, wouldn't you? At the risk of receiving a huge wave of criticism, I never understood the problem with "running up the score". The NFL doesn't have a "mercy rule" for a reason.

That game was funny, I'm not even mad about it. I didn't like Trestman much last season, but never predicted they would fall this low. I guess being one of the people to actually watch Illinois football has kind of numbed me to watching a coach in over his head with an incompetent defensive coordinator. I'm expecting this team to finish the season in true Bears fashion and go 6-10 so they don't even get a good draft pick.

This Saints team reminds me of last year's Jets. This is an 8-8 team waiting to happen.

Yet will still win the division. Probably still win it at 7-9. Mostly likely play highest wildcard- Detroit, Seattle, Philly or Dallas- at home. As a Lions fan, I still wouldn't want to play them in the Superdome in the playoffs.

It would sure be something to see a 12-4 wild card Seattle team play a 7-9 Saints team in New Orleans. Seahawks would still win, but maybe it would close the book on hurt feelings from a few seasons ago.

That game was funny, I'm not even mad about it. I didn't like Trestman much last season, but never predicted they would fall this low. I guess being

one of the people to actually watch Illinois football has kind of numbed me to watching a coach in over his head with an incompetent defensive coordinator. I'm expecting this team to finish the season in true Bears fashion and go 6-10 so they

don't even get a good draft pick.

Football in the state of Arizona is the polar opposite then Illinois. The worst team(out of the 3 biggest ones) is U of Arizona and they are 7-2, while the other 2 are 8-1.

Bears press conference today was hilarious. It's pretty evident that this thing's gonna play itself out all the way to season's end.

That's the McCaskey way! At the end of the season, they'll fire the defensive backs coach.

While that wouldn't surprise me, I'd like to think that even management as self-ignorant and oblivious as the Bears' brass has to recognize what the reality of the situation is at some point. Then again, that may be giving this group of buffoons far more credit than they deserve. It's incredible how many are saying that the Bears are now the Cubs, but honestly the Cubs at least have a plan and were designed to lose.

The Bears are under the delusion that they are akimbo AR33s, but the truth is they are more like an ammoless Klobb. Or perhaps even slappers only.

No, the Bears are like the old Blackhawks: insular, sclerotic, and weird. All they care about is saving money and being loyal to longtime season ticket holders.

I've emotionally and cognitively detached myself from the Bears, but even I can see this is awful.

And like the Blackhawks, this Bears organization needs people to die for anything to really change.

• IceCap locked this topic