2014 NFL Season Thread

Rob Gronkowski will go down as the greatest regular-season TE of all-time.

Is there anything in the realm of sports you don't hate?

I'm going to guess that since he likes the Sabres, he likes the Bills too. He's allowed to hate the Patriots. Not everyone is blinded by their "greatness".

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For any NFC South team to finish 8-8...

Falcons and Saints: 4-2

Panthers: 5-0 (to finish 8-7-1; whatever)

Bucs: 6-0

Yeah, good luck with any of that. The Saints were supposed to fix themselves once their schedule became home-heavy; they just dropped consecutive home games instead. They've now played five apiece home and road. It would be a shock if any of these teams actually finished at .500. I think the odds we need to start looking at is whether 6-10 might just get it done at this point (or 6-9-1 for the Panthers; :censored: you, Mike Nugent). I'm morbidly curious because the Seahawks and/or Niners will miss the playoffs (in all likelihood) while one of these absolute :censored: stains of a football team will be hosting a playoff game in January.

I'm scared that Week 14's MNF matchup, right now, would actually be a playoff preview.

spacer.png

Rob Gronkowski will go down as the greatest regular-season TE of all-time.

Is there anything in the realm of sports you don't hate?

I'm going to guess that since he likes the Sabres, he likes the Bills too. He's allowed to hate the Patriots. Not everyone is blinded by their "greatness".

Everyone is too a degree, but I'd rather not see a thread full of these type of posts, I hate the Cowboys, but I'll spare you the lecture.

And the Patriots aren't the only ones on "his list". Any team with established success is immediately subject to his posts of despair.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

What a beautiful site that the 2-8 Tampa Bay Buccaneers still have a legitimate chance of being a division champion. If only they could win it at 6-10 and then go on some improbable run to the Lombardi trophy that would only get them back to .500 once the championship would be decided! God, I love The Shield!

No, really, the hell is the point of conferences anymore?

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Glad the Niners don't have to leave the Pacific time zone the rest of the season. Home games against Washington, Seattle, San Diego & Arizona. Road games in Oakland & Seattle. With Aldon Smith's suspension (now he's back) and the injuries they at least found a couple of gems in Linebackers Chris Borland & Aaron Lynch.

^And on that note...

meme1975966988_zpsfwjxkgiw.jpg

So I'm guessing that the Raiders are Freshkills...

Given the right (or wrong, if you're a Raiders fan) circumstances, the Raiders may never win another game in Oakland. I'm feeling for them.

So, the Panthers are falling apart at the seams. Maybe a shakeup in management in the offseason helps Carolina?

53120292401014430421003476992_19ff7746ec

Nevermind.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

JeremyRoss.gif

I find it hilarious that when catching a pass, a WR needs to possess that ball all the way to the ground until the entire physical motion of the play comes to a screeching halt... but apparently, when catching a punt, all you have to do is "hot potato" that :censored: back into a mass of bodies and it's deemed possession

I see that no one is crucifying Eli after his 5 INT performance today as they would be doing if Romo just had a 5 INT game. Interesting.

No one likes Eli Manning.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I see that no one is crucifying Eli after his 5 INT performance today as they would be doing if Romo just had a 5 INT game. Interesting.

Except the Giants suck and no one's made them out to be anything other than a bad team. Eli and Giants did the same thing last season. Different than Romo and the Cowboys, who, even when they're bad, are always made to be something more than that.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I feel like I'm constantly watching the Cowboys. I get the same feeling about the Giants too, but they're a tad more avoidable. Especially now that they suck.

When I saw that next Sunday Night Football game is going to be Cowboys-Giants I said out loud to myself "Eww. Not watching that".

PvO6ZWJ.png

JeremyRoss.gif

I find it hilarious that when catching a pass, a WR needs to possess that ball all the way to the ground until the entire physical motion of the play comes to a screeching halt... but apparently, when catching a punt, all you have to do is "hot potato" that :censored: back into a mass of bodies and it's deemed possession

90% of NFL rules on catches and possession are hilarious. Like the "tuck rule" for example. Or the great catch that Calvin Johnson made a few years back. The one where every person who saw it agreed that it was a TD. Everyone except the officials anyway. Anyway, I thought the Lions got screwed on that punt call yesterday.

BB52Big.jpg

People tend to be a lot more forgiving to QBs who have a ring or two. Hell, Brett Favre only had one, then proceeded to kill every chance the Packers had to win another during his tenure with his interceptionitis, and people STILL insist he's somehow better than Aaron Rodgers.

JeremyRoss.gif

90% of NFL rules on catches and possession are hilarious. Like the "tuck rule" for example. Or the great catch that Calvin Johnson made a few years back. The one where every person who saw it agreed that it was a TD. Everyone except the officials anyway. Anyway, I thought the Lions got screwed on that punt call yesterday.

The NFL rule book is ridiculous. They need to simplify it, but every offseason they add three or four more rules that make it more complex. The Lions got screwed out of 50 yards on that play.

The tuck rule was idiotic and I'm glad it's gone. The sport is better without the force out rule as well. Unfortunately "football move" is still a part of our lexicon and catching a touchdown pass is now a 7 step checklist. You have to control the ball all the way to the ground, sometimes this means in the out of bounds area where the photographers and cheerleaders and dozens of other people are standing. So those sideline bodies are technically standing on the field of play.

And you know with CBS using Mike Carey to bumble through explanations of officials calls this season I've learned that NFL refs are pretty much winging it out there with reviews. Some of the time even he disagrees with the call they've made. Mike Perreirra is a little better on Fox.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived