2014 NFL Season Thread

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next 2 games are good shots at wins for Oakland.

Kansas City- for those of us who remember NFL Primetime, this is what Chris Berman- back when he was still good- would call a Donut Game. Good team beats a good team in a big game, faces a bad team, then another biggie after that.

Chiefs just came off a big-time slugfest with Seattle, and in 10 days get a vulnerable Denver at home Sunday Night on NBC. In between- the hapless, winless Raiders who have been playing better since the coaching change. Short week, in between 2 games KC circled on the schedule. And they want to redeem themselves for the 50-burger KC put on them last December at the Coliseum.

Biggest thing going for Oakland- it's not at Arrowhead. If this was at the place where they have already beaten the Seahawks/Patriots, the Raiders would be toast.

Then, they get the bipolar Rams who are capable of basically anything.

Of course, they'll probably beat the 49ers.

Good shots at wins? I agree it's a trap game but the next two games, especially against the Chiefs are far from good shots for Oakland.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

So the Bills and Jets will not play in Buffalo on Sunday, because, well, snow:

muq6iqf9npdjnsrjbcmy.jpg

Adam Schefter is reporting that the game could be played on Monday in Detroit, Pittsburgh, or Washington.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

muq6iqf9npdjnsrjbcmy.jpg

Adam Schefter is reporting that the game could be played on Monday in Detroit, Pittsburgh, or Washington.

Why not Syracuse at the Carrier Dome?

bYhYmxh.png

muq6iqf9npdjnsrjbcmy.jpg

Why not Syracuse at the Carrier Dome?
according to Adam Schefter it's "not an option" which I don't understand

The Carrier Dome is functionally a college sports warehouse that lacks many of the frills enjoyed by NFL stadia.

That's why.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Carrier Dome is functionally a college sports warehouse that lacks many of the frills enjoyed by NFL stadia.

That's why.

For one game? It's definitely good enough. It is much better than playing it hundreds of miles away at the other stadiums.

With another NFL team, they probably have some kind of quid pro quo disaster reciprocal agreement at minimal cost. Syracuse is a private university that would want normal compensation. And some logistical things, I'm sure.

That's why.

That's just a dumb excuse to not house the Bills. By that logic, the Vikings shouldn't be occupying TCF Stadium and the Saints should never have used LSU's Tiger Stadium after Hurricane Katrina because neither has all the amenities of a typical NFL stadium.

That's why.

That's just a dumb excuse to not house the Bills. By that logic, the Vikings shouldn't be occupying TCF Stadium and the Saints should never have used LSU's Tiger Stadium after Hurricane Katrina because neither has all the amenities of a typical NFL stadium.

I'm assuming you've never been in the Carrier dome. Also, as for the "it's just one game!" remark, why would a fan pay $100 or whatever it would cost (they certainly wouldn't lower the price if the game was still in the home market) to see a game in an absolute dump of a facility? Calling it a warehouse is generous. For $100, I'm expecting huge HD video boards, replays, good concessions, an all the other crap that comes with the NFL experience. Even at old places where they don't have that, you at least get the "mistique" like at Lambeau. At the Carrier dome, you get ads for air conditioning units, that's about it.

Anyway, what a lot of you [redacted] aren't considering is that there's more to hosting an NFL game besides the league just saying "we want to play in [insert city here]".

In addition to what I already posted a few posts back, you'd have to get the city of Syracuse (and the university) to buy in to having all the extra traffic and parking issues that come with an NFL game, the tailgating and drunkeness that requires extra security, and potential disruptions to already-planned campus events.

I get that it's the weekend before thanksgiving, but that could either be a positive or a negative when it comes to hosting an event like this on a college campus with NO preparation.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I was gonna say, the first deciding factor would be the building's availability....if the Carrier Dome had an event going on, that'll pretty much eliminate them (because then the NFL would be the ones refunding whatever money was spent or expected to be spent).

Secondly, (and this is me not knowing the exact geography or weather report)...I heard that another snow system was going to be dropping 1-3 more feet of snow to that part of the state in the next day or so. This may make getting to Syracuse difficult, too.

If need be and if the venue were available, I'd think the Carrier Dome would be in the running for a one-game, short-notice deal. Many of the personnel BBTV mentioned might be able to make it to Syracuse (or CD personnel can be summoned rather quickly...never underestimate the allure of getting to work an NFL game if working at a stadium is your main source of income...folks will come out to work). The Bills would be compensated for losing a home game (the NFL runs the specifics once a game is taken away from the home team...tickets would be general admission) and the ticket holders would be reimbursed.

Obviously, the higher priorities are getting the teams to a location and getting TV there. CBS also had a big hand in figuring out where to play this game. Since CBS was already heading to Detroit for Thanksgiving, it makes a lot of sense to send their TV production truck there and do two games in four days to try not to have such a short week.

Raiders win for the first time in 368 days, breaking a streak of 16 straight losses going back to last year. Derek Carr wins his first NFL game.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Archived