Stolen Work

NOppenheimer

This looks familiar.  I saw it on a van earlier this morning.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• 4 weeks later...

Driving down the road in Dallas yesterday and saw this logo on a work truck. Funnily enough, the company's current website shows a different 100th year logo. I imagine they received a C&D from the folks in Toronto...

spacer.png

This webpage shows the current 100 year logo, which is way better given their market space, as well as their 95 year logo which reminds me of a hybrid TBL/NJD anniversary logo.

Cornwell Tools- History

• Like 1

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, Mockba said:

Well, it is a lot better than the gross throwback script they like to use.

@Gothamite once made the argument that part of the reason why the throwback script looks so terrible is due to poor digitization.

5443214%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=ur

It's not like the '59-'60 Senationaltors or the 2010-present Twins were incapable of making a good cursive script:

10024553433_31f7fef0ea_c.jpg1948_washington_senators-jersey-1959.pngf86vbej5phhdglbekrbr9ia9t.png

That "Minnesota" script should have been the base for a new "Twins" script, akin to mine.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2019 at 11:15 PM, Earl said:

From time to time I spot ren69's work used by others.  No money or products is involved with this one but I got a kick out of it (upper right if you're not familiar).  spacer.png

LOL I remember requesting that design when he was doing his redesign thread awhile back. I was going to school at the Ohio University - Zanesville campus for a year when he made it. I like how they didn't even crop the design itself. 

• Like 4

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

• 4 weeks later...

A local highschool down in PA is using a ripped version of Fraser Davidson's Redskins logo as their main mascot:

mZ5edua.jpg

Davidson's work for comparison:

zpM6zIL.png

I know they're selling merch with this stolen/tweaked logo on it as well, but I can't find any images to back that up. Have seen it while going to games though.

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

https://www.riverfronttimes.com/newsblog/2019/12/09/a-st-louis-artists-smash-the-patriarchy-image-went-viral-then-a-man-copied-it

To Kat Kissick, the image in her Google search was unmistakable: A digital illustration of a feminine head formed by flowers and framed by a caption on top that began, "Roses are red, knowledge is power," and continued below, "Stomp out the patriarchy you beautiful flower." 

She immediately recognized it as a ripoff of her own work, an illustration she'd drawn in late 2018 that had gone viral on Facebook, where it had been shared 17,000 times and from which Kissick had sold T-shirts, prints and postcards. 

The irony of discovering a copycat image drawn by a male artist, named Karl Frey, was also impossible to miss, and to Kissick, kind of hilarious. After all, "the patriarchy" is a term often used to describe the unearned benefits society ascribes to men due to generations of gender inequality — and here seemed a perfect example of that sort of patriarchal entitlement in action. 

Original                                                                Copy

]spacer.png

I particularly liked this paragraph:

"I asked if there wasn’t a T-shirt of it already available and my wife’s boss said that there wasn’t," Frey wrote, though he also acknowledged that he hadn't asked where the design had come from. He added that he had "enjoyed the challenge" of redrawing the image, and noted that he had tried to change "at least twenty percent" of Kissick's illustration in order to create "an original work and not a simple derivative of your design." 

Isn't that a straight out admission of theft?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sport Billy said:

https://www.riverfronttimes.com/newsblog/2019/12/09/a-st-louis-artists-smash-the-patriarchy-image-went-viral-then-a-man-copied-it

Original                                                                Copy

]spacer.png

I particularly liked this paragraph:

"I asked if there wasn’t a T-shirt of it already available and my wife’s boss said that there wasn’t," Frey wrote, though he also acknowledged that he hadn't asked where the design had come from. He added that he had "enjoyed the challenge" of redrawing the image, and noted that he had tried to change "at least twenty percent" of Kissick's illustration in order to create "an original work and not a simple derivative of your design." 

Isn't that a straight out admission of theft?

It is - but it is the 'popular opinion' of what you have to do to make it ok. People are dumb and don't think this is theft, although it clearly is.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.