Stolen Work

NOppenheimer

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh, that's not how the legal analysis works for that...

• Like 1

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

• 2 weeks later...

I see my Colorado/Mountain design that I did like 10 years ago all over the place. Etsy, a shirt in K-Mart a couple years ago, and there’s even a dispensary in downtown Denver that has a sticker of it on their window. I realize it’s a super common design to do for anything Colorado related, and I have no issue with people doing their own version. What irks me is when people just straight lift mine and use it for their Etsy shop. Especially because they always steal the first draft version and not the updated one. At least use the better looking one.

il_340x270.2067557347_dct3.jpg

• Like 1

jNTsTyQ.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2019 at 6:32 PM, ZionEagle said:

A local highschool down in PA is using a ripped version of Fraser Davidson's Redskins logo as their main mascot:

mZ5edua.jpg

Davidson's work for comparison:

zpM6zIL.png

I know they're selling merch with this stolen/tweaked logo on it as well, but I can't find any images to back that up. Have seen it while going to games though.

A school in my area also rips off this logo
sfdMlYiK_400x400.jpg

• 1 month later...
59 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Oops! They did it again!

y6FkoIt.jpg

Somebody in the graphic design department loves my script! Can you blame 'em? ;) 

d9X9ije.jpg

Honestly, SF, you should probably just reach out to the team about letting them use the script as an official part of their identity at this point. After all; it's so good that even the team themselves can't tell it's not their own official script! 😜

• Like 10

• 1 month later...

I keep forgetting about this until I notice I still have it open on my phone.

Shahr_Khodro_Logo.png

This is the logo for Shahr Khodrou of Iran.  I saw it while looking at something about the AFC Champions League and immediately thought it looked kinda familiar...

400px-Florida_Panthers_2016_logo.svg.png

• Like 1

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Some over seas online store is selling basketball court rugs and used an image I created for my site from this last season.

They have a handful of other courts, mostly NBA, but I'm sure they came from other creatives and potentially users from this site.

• Like 2

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

This is pretty speculatory on my part, but there's a guy that posted a fun take on the Murder Hornet fiasco and made a concept for Seattle's expansion franchise. All well and good, he acknowledges in a reply that it's "mostly borrowed elements that were altered and mashed together" (from here, it appears). But then the post gained a bit of traction and started making its way around Twitter. He's latched onto a bunch of the posts asking for credit and eventually was "forced" to upload the design to a site to sell merch, even though he really didn't want to. I don't get the impression that he was the original artist of the stock art but 🤷‍♀️

• 1 month later...

The Brisbane Bandits of the Australian Baseball League revealed their new look yesterday. Previously they had used the Queensland state colours, but they have made the switch to the city colours of blue and yellow. What set my 'stolen design' alarm off are the inconsistencies of the new brand. They kept the old wordmarks, but introduced a new bandit logo. spacer.png

The bandit doesn't at all match the wordmark and looks generic as hell. This lead me to a quick google search:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Pretty bad look for a professional organisation.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, colinturner95 said:

Not necessarily stolen design but someone decided a really rough mockup was better than actually paying for it and making it look professional. 

Ha! Those sports templates are expensive though. It takes some real digging to find a cheap photorealistic template that actually works, so I suppose it’s worth it.

Excellent!

I made this monstrosity years back in some all city sports logo thread in Concepts I think.  Some low end blogs or sites or whatever use it sometimes I guess.  In a weird way I'm flattered.  I remember it got like no feedback or likes in that original thread, so I'm glad someone liked it 😂

Hope For The Best, Plan For The Worst | God and Sports

https://godandsports.net/2017/12/24/hope-for-the-best-plan-for-the-worst/

https://www.logolynx.com/topic/dc+sports

Those 2 sites for example use it.  Those sites are seeing their click numbers go off the charts today!  5 clicks in one day, a new record!

I remember seeing it used more like a year ago, possibly on some t-shirts but can't find those now. Anyways, just thought it was kind of funny.  I went like years without seeing it, and forgot about it, and then stumbled upon it.

• Like 7

90758391980.gif

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Its been months since anything has been put here, but I found a doozy.

Carolina Predators of the American Arena League decided to rip off Cal Poly AND Fraser Davison's Carolina Panthers concept (dude can't catch a break).

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I would also imagine there might be some concern from the Panthers themselves, given that the logo is extremely similar to theirs and they are even within the same state. Just yikes all the way around.

• Like 8

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/27/2021 at 4:45 AM, mcrosby said:

Some guy on Behance stole my 2015 Ajax Amsterdam logo and has been claiming it as his own since 2019. He blocked me from commenting on Behance has been no help. Turns out now he's been selling it. If you're able to comment on his Behance page and report it, please do. 

What a piece of s***, honestly. I commented and reported as soon as you posted the bechance project. They need to lift their game in this regard. There's so many stolen sports logos on their platform 

• Like 2

On 3/26/2021 at 11:45 AM, mcrosby said:

Some guy on Behance stole my 2015 Ajax Amsterdam logo and has been claiming it as his own since 2019. He blocked me from commenting on Behance has been no help. Turns out now he's been selling it. If you're able to comment on his Behance page and report it, please do. 

I saw on Twitter that this is being worked out. Any luck with that? 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I was scrolling through Instagram a couple weeks ago and stumbled onto an account reselling vintage Grateful Dead t-shirts. Turns out that somebody bootlegged an old Grateful Dead hockey jersey concept I made years ago, added some text to my design, sold it, this Instagram account found it, and is now reselling it.

I can't embed Instagram posts, so just click here.

I know that bootlegging is a huge part of the Deadhead scene, and I say that as somebody who makes bootleg Dead merch myself, but it sucks seeing someone bootleg your bootleg.

• Like 1