San Antonio Raiders Concept

Jimmyfru

Hello everyone,

With the recent rumor of the Oakland Raiders talking about moving to San Antonio, a hot topic is what would happen to the branding if the raiders left California. I know there are many people who are crazy fans of the Silver and Black and to even consider changing the logo is outrageous. But as a creative exercise, I wanted to try and keep the spirit of the Raiders, but give it a look for a potential move to San Antonio.

Let me know what you guys think, all comments and feedback are welcome!

SA-Raiders-Concept.jpg

get rid of the skull in between the SAN and ANTONIO

looks great otherwise

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

That hat looks too small for his head. Better stick with the helmet.

Meh, but what is that though? then he's just tweaking the face. For a concept I like this idea with the hat. Definitely fits the San Antonio idea I have, especially with the Spurs in town. Maybe making the hat bigger like suggested. Also what if the head and swords were bigger and leaked out of the shield?

Guest darkpiranha

Looks pretty cool. Agree with the bigger hat suggestions. Also, are those the sorts of swords used by Alamo-era combatants? Maybe tweak the swords to look more like sabers of the era.

If the Raiders do move to San Antonio (high unlikely) I doubt they would change their logo. What they have now should go untouched. They are one of the few teams who should not have major changes.

True but this is a board for concepts a nice idea to have to believe in. Obviously you know that but I feel like people know when there are untouchable logos and uniforms but it's fun to try and remake them in your own style.

Remove the neck. It does remind me of a decapitated cowboy, as rocky mentioned.

Also, get a different head. To be perfectly honest, All I'm seeing is Davidson's work, and it's bothering me.

I do like the swords and Texas secondary, though. Maybe move the state outline behind the swords?

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the great feedback, I will take it and try to refine it. To be clear, I did do this exercise with the help of Davidson's tutorial:

Im new to the forum stuff, but I will make sure I make everything clearer in the future.

Thanks Guys! Hopefully will have some refined stuff up tonight!

Love the concept. For lack of a better way to describe it, you could "Alamo-scallop" the shield as well...but that might make it too over-the-top "San Antonio." The black and silver is a great fit (with the Spurs identity). Nice job.

Archived