nike rivals series- all finished- now taking requests

laray3

hi guys i decided that i was going to start up this new concept thread. at first i was going to try and make a template but it was to dificult for me so im just going to post this new series! before i go any further i want to give credit to wyopokes2 and mattwillcox for the ideas!

nike rivals series- highlighting the top rivialries in college football with alternate rival uniforms

poster_zps52c36b3b.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

first up :

Oregon vs Oregon state

oregon inspiration: i took what oregon put on the field for the alamo bowl and modified it a little. i made a "ninja ducks" version

oregon state inspiration: i really like the current look for the beavers so i kept it similar but i modified it by adding the oregon state print on the front.

oregonvsoregonstate_zps96e4d280.jpg

You made part of the designs for both teams on the undershirt, which is where UnderArmour failed the worse with Northwestern. Make a design expected players not to wear it, then design the base layer to enhance the uniform. Not vise-versa.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

You made part of the designs for both teams on the undershirt, which is where UnderArmour failed the worse with Northwestern. Make a design expected players not to wear it, then design the base layer to enhance the uniform. Not vise-versa.

I kinda disagree although i see what you are saying.. i feel if you took away the base layer then everything would be okay, maybe a little less for oregon but you could surely take away osu base layer and it wouldnt affect the uniform

I agree with what was said earlier about the undershirts, I would just ditch that part of the design and leave it a solid color, much more clean look.

I like Oregon's jersey a lot actually, but the helmet kinda ruins it for me. Too shiny and in your face, even for Oregon. Oregon State's is a very clean look. Good job, looking forward to what you come up with for the OSU-MSU game

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

Like Oregon's and OSU's jersey, but why is it Army vs. Air Force rather than Army vs. Navy?

I went with army and air force because they were both nike teams. But then i realized that i put ucla on here which is an adidas team.

I agree with what was said earlier about the undershirts, I would just ditch that part of the design and leave it a solid color, much more clean look.

I like Oregon's jersey a lot actually, but the helmet kinda ruins it for me. Too shiny and in your face, even for Oregon. Oregon State's is a very clean look. Good job, looking forward to what you come up with for the OSU-MSU game

Im not sure why the oregon helmet turned out so shiny lol but i agree and i think what im gonna do about the sleeve design is make it more subliminal and see whats up with that and just play around with it. thanks for the advice

Florida vs Georgia

florida inspiration: i took what florida puts on the field every season and added shoulder caps with over laying sleeve stripes. i also made a new helmet with the f on the side with gator skin print on the helmet, numbers, and sleeves. also gave them the font of the basketball team

georgia inspiration: i took what they put on the field vs boise state a few years back and changed very few things first off i gave them the normal red helmet with a black helmet stripe and facemask and then gave them red pants

FLORIDAVSGEORGIA_zps8c49f990.jpg

ucla vs usc

ucla inspiration: i took what ucla should look like a gave it to them full shoulder stripes and original font

usc inspiration: i gave them alt red pants and gave em a gold jersey as well as a new font

uclavsusc_zps1ff6da6b.jpg

I don't really like Georgia for the black sleeve when the rest of the uniform has a big white stripe on pants and white numbers. It's just sort of odd and out of place. Maybe if you had those black sleeves but then nearing the end it changes to white, then at the cuffs it goes back to black.

USC Is decent i guess. Not much change other than making the jersey gold. Looks pretty good for a 3rd.

UCLA I like a lot. Off the top of my head it fits their current designs.

For Florida I don't know what it is but I like it, but I also think theres something that's drawing it back. I'm not sure though I may have to come back with second eyes.

Next will be miami vs florida state. Im gonna try and get these done by tonight im really looking forward to starting these last 5 games.

Also i know this is my concept thread but im gonna give myself critiques as well

Oregon- i think this is one of my favorites i really like how well the jersey turned out. My only fix would be the helmet shinyness and tone down the sleeves maybe a little

Oregon state- im very happy as well with these. A very clean sleek look. If i had a fix i would fix the sleeves to something else and maybe add something to the jersey which im not sure what would be.

Florida- i love the helmet! It turned out exactly how i wanted it to. If i had a fix id probably change the florida print on across the jersey to white with orange outline.

Georgia- this is definantly my least favorite. Something just dosnt turn up right about them. My fix would first be the number font im not pleased with it. Second id try and take most of the black out and try something else.

Ucla- VERY pleased! I really wish ucla would realize that adidas is screwing their original design. I like the shoulder stripes i like the font this uniform is nearly perfevt. No fix needed!

Usc- i know its not much of a change but i love a gold jersey for usc i think it would fit perfect for them as a perminant alt. I like the font i gave them. My only fix is go back and fix the slight color mistakes i made.

Next up is miami vs florida state

Ill give you a little preview. For florida state im going for the modern look and for miami im goin with a throwback look mixed with a modern flavor.

As a Trojan fan, I will say I like it though the color is a little off, the cardinal is darker. If not the gold jersey, I wouldn't mind seeing us dabble with some black, whether it be a helmet and/or jersey. Sort of like this: new-usc-helmets_original1_zpse98fe074.pn

ucla vs usc

ucla inspiration: i took what ucla should look like a gave it to them full shoulder stripes and original font

usc inspiration: i gave them alt red pants and gave em a gold jersey as well as a new font

a68e9e01-b051-43a0-913e-4d676cd0aa86_zps

As a Trojan fan, I will say I like it though the color is a little off, the cardinal is darker. If not the gold jersey, I wouldn't mind seeing us dabble with some black, whether it be a helmet and/or jersey. Sort of like this: new-usc-helmets_original1_zpse98fe074.pn

ucla vs usc

I actually thought aboit a black jersey wasnt sure what people would think. I personally love cardnal gold and black together

Miami vs Florida State

miami inspiration: i gave miami a throwback look with a touch of modern design. also gave them a chrome logo on their helmet

florida state inspiration: i gave them alt gold jersey to go with the current set they have

MIAMIVSFSU_zps7e90c655.jpg

Archived