missouri tigers

This is a concept I've been working on rebranding the Tampa Bay Rays as the Tampa Rays. The reason behind the name change is that I've never been too big on naming a team after a body of water/region and I personally think Tampa Rays sounds better.

Not too much to say about the logos/unis themselves, I was just really trying to step away from the generic identity the Rays currently use and design something that would be unique in the MLB.

I'd love to get everyone's constructive criticism on the design.

nf5l09.jpg

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Everything looks great, very clean. However, if you're taking away the Bay part and going with just Tampa (something that I agree should be done), how come you still have the interlocking TB logo? (which also looks quite nice)

Everything looks great, very clean. However, if you're taking away the Bay part and going with just Tampa (something that I agree should be done), how come you still have the interlocking TB logo? (which also looks quite nice)

Agree about the TB logo, because it could be turned into a TR logo pretty fast.

I don't have a good answer for you, I guess I didn't really think that one through. :upside:

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Agree about the TB logo, because it could be turned into a TR logo pretty fast.

Done!

jj5g6s.jpg

2043050vl19qK6.gif

this looks amazing. i love it. Im not sure I like the baby blue color, maybe use some of the colors from their original logo, but thats like my only complaint...and a small complaint at that. I love the simplicity of the sting ray. you did a great job.

Really love that Coral and Baby Blue look you have here. And I like how the "Rays" almost looks like "Bays" so it still includes that illusion of keeping the old name.

Wow! Excellent work. It's clean and minimal. Everything looks great. I like the colors too. Nice!

EDIT: On second look, it would be nice to see more of the coral color in the navy caps, maybe as an outline around the white TR.

Archived