Brave-Bird 08's NFL Re-imagined 2014 (3/32, Falcons added)

Brave-Bird 08

It's been a long while since I've run a series through these boards. A year and a half ago I did a complete NFL overhaul, though I don't feel like I was as ambitious as I could have been. A lot of designs were run of the mill in the concept world. So, this is an evolution of my vision and concept-presentations. The old me used to like to start concept threads and not release any more than a few before getting ADD, but, just like my last NFL series, I've got a lot of time to kill in the next month and a lot of creative juices flowing. Plus, as I've continued to practice and oversee concepts on these boards, I've found it easier to make elaborate, detailed designs with more ease.

Without any more walls of text, see the next post for the first concept! I'll keep a running list with links to the images so you can always take a gander through the front page of the thread.

Enjoy! (Click in images for high-res)

Pittsburgh Steelers | Home | Road

New York Jets | Home | Road

Atlanta Falcons | Home | Road | Third

Pittsburgh Steelers

• Every time I've seen a Pittsburgh Steelers concept, the designer has abandoned the red and blue colors in the primary logo. So, my goal was to find a way to fit all of the colors in. After a lot of trial and error, I decided the best idea was to leave the logo badge on the jersey and then translate the logo badge into sock stripes. The mach-speed template was friendly to the shoulder stripes from the bumble bee uniforms, so I trimmed that design element into the template and made room for a clean presentation of the numbers and TV numbers. I decided to go back to a block font. I tried the stencil numerals, but felt that would be overkill of different elements.

UIU0T3I.png

ex1Zq5w.png

I like the template and the presentation. I think everything looks good up until the socks. Besides the small amounts of red and blue in the logo, there isn't any other uses of the color in the uniform up until the socks. I think it would be better without the red and blue.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

As a Steelers fan, if they were to change WHICH THEY SHOULDN'T, this is a good replacement. I actually like the socks, maybe I have horrible taste or something but the socks seem to fit.

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

I like where you're going with the Steelers. With their sleeve stripes continually shrinking, it's probably time to go in a new direction. The shoulder stripes work really well here -- they're a VERY toned down version of the bumblebees, which is good. I have three issues though. One, as the others have said, the socks aren't working, though I like the effort to include the red and blue in the uniforms. Two, the pants need a stripe IMO. A single black stripe to match the helmet would work. Three, you forgot the to change the Swoosh on the road jersey to black ^_^

Looking forward to seeing this series pan out!

New York Jets

• The basic look of the Jets Namath-era uniform has always been one of my favorites in sports, but I wanted to make it look faster. An idea I've already toiled with in the past was to re-purpose the design of Navy's amazing pro combat helmets to fit the Jets identity. The translation of the design takes the style of the jerseys and pants and puts it in the helmet, while giving the players a sleek, fast look. The logo was redesigned just a tad for simplification. The "turning" of the shoulder stripe is a representation of the corners of the New Meadowlands, in the same way that one could forcibly attribute the old curved Jets stripes to the curve of the old stadium (this is the most Nike-fied explanation I might give you!). But, no, seriously, that's why I did it like that.

wsaS9Aa.png

wa3hvpB.png

The only problem with the Jets is the pants logo. Since the pants stripe is already cut off at the top and bottom, it looks "balanced" to me, so adding a logo to the top makes it seem top-heavy IMO. Their current helmet design would look great with this set, but the Navy-esque version works well.

As for the Steelers, I'm not really a fan of the socks, but they're tolerable. The rest of the set is amazing.

spacer.png

LOVE the Jets! That helmet works perfectly with their uniforms. I like the subtle change to the sleeve hoop as well -- it works really well with the template. I'm not a fan of the pants logo, though. It just doesn't really work on the template.

I love the Jets helment, reminds me a lot of an alternate helmet concept board someone did. I'm assuming the line between the numbers on the white is a template issue? I hope its not part of the design. I like the Steelers design too except the socks. I look forward to see what you do with my Cowboys.

Steelers: No real complaints here, but the bumblebee stripes on the shoulders look odd to me. But then again, maybe I'm too used to what they wear now. The socks are also interesting to say the least.

Jets: Holy cow, you're pretty much nailed Gang Green for the most part! I would eliminate the logo on their pants, but other than that, this set rocks! The helmet is also quite creative!

All in all, you're off to a good start!

Good start here. I'm in agreement on the Steelers that the socks aren't working. I do REALLY like the shoulder striping. The Jets is a nice update. I love the shoulder designs. My concern with both is that the chests look WAY too cluttered. I think the swooshes could be pushed out from the center a bit and, honestly, I've never been a big fan of chest logo patches unless they were commemorative (i.e. Anniversary, Super Bowl, memorial).

gYH2mW9.png

Archived