Sports Designer Meetups

krisbazen

I'm sure this may have been addressed elsewhere, and not sure if this is even the place to pose the question, but has anyone on here ever considered holding a Sports Designer Meetup?

Personally speaking, I'm sure there are many creatives in Ohio and I'd love to get together with them sometime! It would be good if we could hold these across the country, maybe have a twitter chat with a #SDMeetupCBUS tag, for example...

I know some of you guys are gonna be at WMC Fest, so maybe that's a good place to start?!

Who all would be interested in something like this?

Kristopher Bazen
Kris Bazen Creative
www.www.krisbazen.com

Twitter: @krisbazen

Dribbble: dribbble.com/krisbazen

About a year or so ago I tried organizing one in downtown Indianapolis--but never could seem to get the details nailed down. (My job didn't help none, neither.) It's a whole bunch of creative folk in and around Indy--I think it'd be great to have a creative pow-wow of some sort there, maybe in the Artsgarden or something like that. Shoot, we can do one in Pittsburgh too, for any of y'all creative who live there...I split time in both places.

(Speaking of that...I wanted so bad to hit up the WMC this weekend and mingle amongst all the creative heavyweights but--family issues, man, so I got to handle that, unfortunately.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Great hangin' this weekend fellas! Definitely should do this more often. Had a really great group...

I would encourage you guys to hit Creative South in Columbus in April. I'm sure Joe, Fraser and Uncle Todd Radom will be there. I certainly will be.

Thanks for driving us around Kris! :)

wmcfest.png

yea, i'd like to try to go to Creative South next year. seems like a rousing ol' tyme.

in the meantime, i've never been to Indy, so I'd be up for that.

i also told Chris that we need to arrange a CCSLC meet-up somewhere in Canada at some point. maybe at the World Cup next year? or if that's not everyone's cup of tea, i'm sure there will be some other fun sports event in Canada we could all attend.

So glad everything was able to come together the way it did. It was great to reconnect with old friends and to finally get the opportunity to hang out with such cool and talented people.

Can't wait for Creative South and WMC next year… It could be like the Expendables of sports design.

Speaking of which, I was kinda like BA Baracus this weekend, but instead of a black van, it was a white Chevy Equinox… " I love it when a plan comes together."

Kristopher Bazen
Kris Bazen Creative
www.www.krisbazen.com

Twitter: @krisbazen

Dribbble: dribbble.com/krisbazen

Archived