Milwaukee Brewers alternate throwback logo (Inkscape)

ForwardProgress

Hi, this is my first time posting one of my concepts in this forum.

The one I am posting today is meant to be an alternate logo for the Milwaukee Brewers of the late 70's and early 80's. It is pretty much a tweaked version of the classic ball-in-glove logo but instead of the "m" and "b" letterforms taking the shape of a ball and glove, they take the shape of a batting helmet from the same era.

Here is the logo that inspired me:

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/m4r0bevve0valis6ggnyyytak/Milwaukee_Brewers/1978/Partial_Logo

And here is my concept logo:

777400d455b5c47e6947b97e3c3bab7f.jpg

I'd love to hear what you guys think!

Clever idea, my only issue is that is reads more as "bm" than "mb" The ball in glove gets away as an "mb" because the M is higher than the B. In this case, they are about on the same plane, making it read straight across. I'm sure Berwers fans wouldn't really care for referring to their team as BM (unless it's an unusually bad season).

TDZiMMB.png

Clever idea, my only issue is that is reads more as "bm" than "mb" The ball in glove gets away as an "mb" because the M is higher than the B. In this case, they are about on the same plane, making it read straight across. I'm sure Berwers fans wouldn't really care for referring to their team as BM (unless it's an unusually bad season).

Thank you for the constructive criticism, I appreciate it. I actually agree with you that my concept logo does read more as "bm" than "mb" and strangely I never noticed that until you pointed it out. Thanks for bringing it up. Now, do you have any ideas on how I could alter my concept logo to make it read more as "mb"? The only idea I have is putting a line at the top of the "b" to make it shorter, hoping people would read the "m" first since it would be higher like in the original ball-in-glove logo. I don't think that would look good though.

Also, the only BM I am aware of is B&M Baked Beans so how would BM relate to an unusually bad season?

Thank you for the constructive criticism, I appreciate it. I actually agree with you that my concept logo does read more as "bm" than "mb" and strangely I never noticed that until you pointed it out. Thanks for bringing it up. Now, do you have any ideas on how I could alter my concept logo to make it read more as "mb"? The only idea I have is putting a line at the top of the "b" to make it shorter, hoping people would read the "m" first since it would be higher like in the original ball-in-glove logo. I don't think that would look good though.

Also, the only BM I am aware of is B&M Baked Beans so how would BM relate to an unusually bad season?

BM = Bowel Movement... term used more commonly by past generations.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Thanks for all the great feedback guys, I really appreciate it!

I'm not sure if it's ok to post a technical question about the forum in a concept thread but since it is related to this thread I'm guessing it's alright. Anyway, I noticed there are tags (clickable words that bring you to other forum posts related to that word) near the titles of each thread. Is it still possible for me to add tags to this thread? Is there an edit button or something somewhere?

Go to your original post, click Edit, then click Use Full Editor. Near the top, by the headline, you can add tags.

As for the design, it's a solid idea. But, yeah, BM...

Could you flip the helmet so it is facing right, then alter the M and B to fit somehow? If you just flip it as-is you end up with MD. Otherwise, I got nothing.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Go to your original post, click Edit, then click Use Full Editor. Near the top, by the headline, you can add tags.

As for the design, it's a solid idea. But, yeah, BM...

Could you flip the helmet so it is facing right, then alter the M and B to fit somehow? If you just flip it as-is you end up with MD. Otherwise, I got nothing.

I followed your instructions for editing my post/adding tags and everything was going fine until I tried to submit it. The site logged me out and I got the following error message:

"Your secure key, used to verify you are posting the topic, did not match the one submitted. Please go back, reload the form, and try again."

I have no idea what that means. I'm using the same browser and computer I used yesterday when I made the original post so what gives?

As far as my design, I also thought about flipping the logo horizontally but then immediately realized the "b" would be backwards. So I think my best best is to make the "b" shorter somehow, either by adding a yellow line somewhere near the top, a block of yellow above it, or changing the shape of the white panel on the helmet so it cuts off the top of the "b" and makes it shorter or have an angle. If I get around to making these changes I will definitely post pics here to see what you guys think. Thanks again for all your feedback! :)

My only suggestions are to either curve the letters more onto the helmet, or cut the top part of the b down a bit so the plain helmet goes back further.

This is a great concept though, and it's so refreshing to see something original for the Brewers. Great job.

Archived