Football helmets with text - thoughts?

stumpygremlin

I was randomly thinking about the fact that football helmets that have text look odd, in my opinion. I don't like the fact that text reads left-to-right, so when you look at the helmet, the "wordmark logo" faces opposite directions on the helmet. 51IUk74dQxL._SX300_.jpgWhereas a helmet with a logo, the logo always faces forward. mA-E6-G7s0mz-T9PIqoAEGA.jpgnew-england-patriots-helmet.jpg?w=420

What are you guys' thoughts?

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

Not sure I follow the gripe? ALL text reads left to right. Otherwise you couldn't read it, which is required in order for the letters/numbers to convey meaning

You don't need to "read" logos/pictures for them to convey meaning so you can invert them on a helmet to face the same way without losing anything (unless there are words/letters within the logo itself)

If you situated text like the logos one side of the helmet would be backwards and illegible

I was randomly thinking about the fact that football helmets that have text look odd, in my opinion. I don't like the fact that text reads left-to-right, so when you look at the helmet, the "wordmark logo" faces opposite directions on the helmet. 51IUk74dQxL._SX300_.jpgWhereas a helmet with a logo, the logo always faces forward. mA-E6-G7s0mz-T9PIqoAEGA.jpgnew-england-patriots-helmet.jpg?w=420

I like the text (and Pitt helmets, for that matter) but don't like the way Nike's logos look on the current NFL sleeves.

Not sure I follow the gripe? ALL text reads left to right. Otherwise you couldn't read it, which is required in order for the letters/numbers to convey meaning

You don't need to "read" logos/pictures for them to convey meaning.

If you situated text like the logos one side of the helmet would be a backwards word and mostly meaningless

My gripe is, if you look at the front of, say, the Pitt helmet, you'd see the T on the left and the P on the right. Contrast that to the Pats' helmet, and you'd see the front of Elvis on both sides.

And your last line, Stonehill College in Massachusetts actually used to do that. FBsports2009.jpg?max_height=310&max_widt

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

I was randomly thinking about the fact that football helmets that have text look odd, in my opinion. I don't like the fact that text reads left-to-right, so when you look at the helmet, the "wordmark logo" faces opposite directions on the helmet. Whereas a helmet with a logo, the logo always faces forward.

I like the text (and Pitt helmets, for that matter) but don't like the way Nike's logos look on the current NFL sleeves.

I don't like the way they look either. The swoosh needs to be on the chest like in college. Due to the sleeve logo, teams like the Steelers and Lions have obstructed sleeves.

Compare this

antonio71.jpg

To this.

BA1YcE.jpg

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I am an absolute sucker for cursive script helmets. I think they are the bet type of helmet in FB. The Terps script that was on the Maryland helmet the Pitt Script, UCLA, Florida are all among my all time favorite helmets. It just looks good.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

^Huh, I've actually never noticed that about UCLA's helmets as I do not watch much college football. I'm going to start referring to the school as "Ucla" now.

Haha. This like me calling St. Louis University High School "Sluh" because their initials are SLUH, however everyone around there calls them "Slu" like the university. My dad (who went to Vianny) hated when I used to do that.

Sorry to get off topic here. Old memories coming up :)

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

antonio71.jpg

I see that backwards swoosh and it makes me think the entire picture has been reversed by accident.

Isn't it just the same philosophy as this:

pink-fluorescent-green-nike-free-run+3-5

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived