Old Uniforms That Are Better Than Their Modern Counterparts

Tigers6884

3. Utah Jazz 2004-2010 color scheme vs Current color scheme

250px-Utah_Jazz.svg.png250px-Utah_Jazz_logo%2C_%282010_%27new_l

The Jazz have been on a Identity crisis for several decades as they try to fit their Nickname with the state of Utah. Inconveniently back in 1979 the Jazz relocated from New Orleans, the franchise continue to use the name which was heavily associated with NOLA background. With no association to the genre of Jazz Utah try to insert a mountain/snow vibe into their logo's and uniforms. Ofcourse the famous late 90's uniforms set the tone on what a team from Utah should look like as they continued on and presented the 2004 update. This color scheme in particular to me is far more superior then their current "Let's pay homage to our NOLA past but give the Mardi Gras color scheme a little Utah feel to it, buy using Navy instead of Purple." To me its gives you that mountain chill, that "We are from up north in the Rockies" feel... but that's just me

I'll go one further and say this was better:

8316e7nrg5xuouqqo21bjgem9.gif

Always gave me that exact mountain chill feel that you mentioned

90758391980.gif

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think people like older versions for the nostalgic reasons, period.

Nope. I tend to like older looks, and I was a 90s kid. I have no reason to be nostalgic for a lot of the older looks I prefer. I like them because they're simply superior designs.

I agree with the Browns. Orange pants are their best look.

For me Blue and Gold 'Stros are the best 'Stros. Took me a while to get used to the Brick and Black. I going from modern to faux-old timey didn't make sense.

mlb-baseball-pitcher-randy-johnson-houst

lB2Vput.jpg

3. Utah Jazz 2004-2010 color scheme vs Current color scheme

250px-Utah_Jazz.svg.png250px-Utah_Jazz_logo%2C_%282010_%27new_l

The Jazz have been on a Identity crisis for several decades as they try to fit their Nickname with the state of Utah. Inconveniently back in 1979 the Jazz relocated from New Orleans, the franchise continue to use the name which was heavily associated with NOLA background. With no association to the genre of Jazz Utah try to insert a mountain/snow vibe into their logo's and uniforms. Ofcourse the famous late 90's uniforms set the tone on what a team from Utah should look like as they continued on and presented the 2004 update. This color scheme in particular to me is far more superior then their current "Let's pay homage to our NOLA past but give the Mardi Gras color scheme a little Utah feel to it, buy using Navy instead of Purple." To me its gives you that mountain chill, that "We are from up north in the Rockies" feel... but that's just me

I'll go one further and say this was better:

8316e7nrg5xuouqqo21bjgem9.gif

Always gave me that exact mountain chill feel that you mentioned

I think you should chalk this one up to nostalgia. There's no way you can look at that and think it's a better logo than the purple/blue one above. I'm not even a fan of the newest green/blue/yellow but I will argue that it is better than that gradient-filled 90s-tastic logo. With teal to boot.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Umm...

All of them?

I was going to go with most of them, but yours works too. B)

I think people like older versions for the nostalgic reasons, period.

Nope. I tend to like older looks, and I was a 90s kid. I have no reason to be nostalgic for a lot of the older looks I prefer. I like them because they're simply superior designs.

Tell it, brother! B)

BB52Big.jpg

BVgFfWF.jpg

The old Detroit Tigers road is better than the current Tigers road. I think the old one spaces the letters better with the placket -- the "t" to "r" transition at the placket on the old looks better than the "e" to "t" transition on the new. Plus the white outline on the new is unnecessary and should be removed.

You could also lose the number on the new, but I don't think it's a big deal either way.

Archived