York Capitals (AIF football) new logo (Theft or deal reached?)

Burmy

The patriot is actually JP Nuñez's design -- from iStock. So there's probably no theft there if they spent a few bucks on the download. Here's the original:

http://www.istockphoto.com/vector/patriot-head-6484493?st=5474105

And their old logo is stock artwork too! Shocker.

York_Capitals.png

http://graphicriver.net/item/patriot-minuteman-with-american-stars-and-stripes-/1596408

The patriot is actually JP Nuñez's design -- from iStock. So there's probably no theft there if they spent a few bucks on the download. Here's the original:

That appears to be a slightly-modified Tampa Bay flag, though. So there could still be an issue.

That appears to be a slightly-modified Tampa Bay flag, though. So there could still be an issue.

Probably could have worded it better, but that's what I was implying.

I just dislike the way that the stripes on the Bucs flag don't flow in sync with the bottom of the flag. And apparent nobody told this team that at no point in history did the US flag have 15 stripes.

Except it did from 1794 to 1818

Count the stripes on the Star Spangled Banner some time.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I just dislike the way that the stripes on the Bucs flag don't flow in sync with the bottom of the flag. And apparent nobody told this team that at no point in history did the US flag have 15 stripes.

Wow. Never knew that, and I'm a pretty big history buff. Why 15?

Still though, the stripes don't match up at all in the logo. Looks very sloppy and lazy.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Wow. Never knew that, and I'm a pretty big history buff. Why 15?

Still though, the stripes don't match up at all in the logo. Looks very sloppy and lazy.

Vermont and Kentucky had been admitted as states by 1794. They didn't pass a subsequent flag act until 1818 presumably for fear of cluttering up the flag.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It's close, but looks more like a poorly-traced version of the original. Unless they intentionally made it sloppy to match the flag and sword mess.

Wow. I learned something. That's one of those things that I even thought I might want to look up just to make sure before hitting enter, but thought, nah, there's no way. Now I'm left wondering if the 15 stripes have any significance to this team or if it's just sloppy work.

Archived