NFL Teams designed in the Nike 51 template - First 4 UPDATED!

DLabPG5429

I've been working on these uniforms as a fun summer project. Hopefully, if the boards like them enough, I'll post ALL 32 NFL teams. Not much to explain other than each jersey design will be with Nike's 51 template that is in use for most teams right now, and I tried to keep consistent with the NFL's rule of only 1 helmet for a design, but still being able to use pants as combinations. As always, I love to hear your C&C!

Up first...

Chicago Bears : This design doesn't stray too far from their design at the moment but I felt the bears lacked a little consistency in their striping between their road and home uniforms. As for the helmet, in real life it would be the same helmet, just a different striping patterned sticker for the home and away. Also, thoughts on adding an alternate? Color?

2nixr45.jpg

Next... Denver Broncos: I've already posted this design on the boards, just an updated version and tweaked some areas of design. Again, the striping of the helmet is now transferred to the sleeves and pants of the jerseys to add consistency and maintain some of the original nike design from the initial Broncos rebrand.

14vtyfl.jpg

New York Giants: Again, like the bears, I thought the Giants striping lacked consistency, so I focussed heavily upon that. Also, similar to Ohio States rivalry uniforms I used large helmet and sleeve striping to give the Giants more of a modernized look. White pants are also an option.

jgk5cl.jpg

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: I applied Nikes LARGE helmet logo and pewter helmet to the design, but applied a blacked facemask instead of chrome. The frontal design is intended to give the uniform a sails on a pirate ship feel. Eliminated the alarm clock numbers with a more subtle font. Questions or thoughts on if the design needs pants striping?? Alternate jersey??

b49s1g.jpg

I like the Bears except for the helmet stripes on the away, which I think are just a bit too complex for helmet stripes. I'd just make the home helmet the full-time helmet. (I know this breaks the continuity of striping a little bit, but it's still a three-stripe pattern.)

The only problem with Denver is that the Nike swoosh interferes with the sleeve stripes.

New York has a few issues. I think the helmet stripe is too wide. I think the sleeve stripes are also too wide (though in my opinion the problem is really that the sleeves are just too small nowadays). I'd also just ditch the red jersey completely.

Tampa Bay is interesting. I'm not a big fan of the number font. I'd prefer something with some curves in it. The away uniform looks really nice. On the home, I think I would make the bottom swoosh orange instead of pewter. Also, have you tried putting anything on the pants? The white pants look awfully plain.

Finally, as one nitpick, you have two Nike swooshes on each jersey. NFL rules are that there is only one, and it's on the sleeves. (Of course, in the concept world, there's nothing preventing you from tweaking this rule.)

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

Chicago Bears: I like this concept a lot. Only thing I would do is make the stripes match.

Denver Broncos: As a lifelong fan, i like your idea with the helmet stripe being incorporated into more of the uniform, however, your shades of blue and orange are a bit off. the orange should be much brighter and the blue just a touch lighter. Also, as a Bronco fan, I love the old combo of blue jersey, white pants and would very much like to see a return to that.

New York Giants: I like this a lot actually, Only problem is the stripes seem a bit too big. it looks a little clunky. I would tone down the stripes on the sleeves and helmet a bit.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: I love this look. Vast improvement over their current look. My only complaint is that gray/silver looks really out of place here. I think it would look great with just white instead.

Good job with these. I also am not a fan of the helmet striping on the Bears' away set. I'm not really a big fan of the Bucs' striping; I think it's because it is very curvy and then the font is all straight lines. They don't seem to work together very well.

I also noticed some things with your template. As someone stated above, NFL jerseys don't have a swoosh on the front. Also, you have the NOB sewn on a nameplate--which is good--but the nameplate is split between two types of fabric. On a real jersey the nameplate would be sewn on top of the base jersey, and you wouldn't see the seam under it.

EDIT: Or they put it above the seam.

article-0-1973B2F9000005DC-867_634x635.j

award%20sig.png

Bears: Not a fan. The helmet stripes definitely need to go, and I would use just one set of pants (with the B/O/B stripes). I'm not a fan of the single color logo and numbers either. I would keep them the same as they are now. Lastly, you need the GSH monogram on the sleeve.

Broncos: I really liked these when you first posted them, and I still do. However, I'd reverse the colors on the sleeves of the blue jersey for consistency.

Giants: Again, stripe overload. I might just get rid of the helmet stripes completely. With the cool, candy blue finish they use I think it would work. I'd also make the road numbers blue for better color balance.

Bucs: I'm not sure how I feel about these. The numbers are better, but I don't like that they're italic. On the home, I would get rid of the silver, making the sleeve cuffs pewter and the little stripe orange. On the road, I would make the numbers red. Also, I think the pants need something. And just to let you know, you forgot TV numbers on the road.

Same as everyone else. The Bears away helmet needs to be fixed. Broncos set is still great. I like the Giants set a lot, and I agree that the gray pants work well. Bucs set is pretty good, I think the pants could use some accenting, even if it isn't a full stripe.

Is your template available or do you not want to share it?

Very nice looking concepts here, especially the Buccaneers....I thought their recent re-design was beyond repair, but what you've done with it here has really proved me wrong. In addition to the Bears' away helmet, the only other thing I'm not a fan of is the Broncos' orange numbers with the white stroke - it works too well the other way around to adjust it in my opinion.

Thanks for sharing, can't wait to see more!

Okay Before I post my next four teams, I wanted to share my updates of the first 4, based on comments and critiques. I added striping to the Bucs pants to give it more pop, Inversed the Broncos colors to have White as the main color for the numbers on both the Home and Alternate as well as switched the homes sleeves to fit the overall striping better. For the Bears I edited the striping to make it multicolors and just just a solid orange, and eliminated the huge white helmet stripe for the away, Giants, I made the helmet stripe smaller and fixed the sleeve stripes on the alternate. Anymore C&C before I move onto the next ones??? THANK YOU!

73e2ja.jpg

2uh5rn5.jpg20hrip5.jpg

1zpgxtk.jpg

I think you are trying way to hard to make all the stripes match, alittle variety is fine where you can have the jersey and pants stripe be one style, and the helmet be another. Right now your bears and giants concepts still have way too many stripes and it overloads the concept, I suggest complete eliminating the stripes from the bears helmet and for the giants make the sleeve stripes smaller so the dont look like sleeve caps from a distance.

Chicago is perfect in my opinion.

Denver looks good, but I'm getting overloaded by all the blue in the home uniform.

New York looks better, but I'd still maybe shrink the sleeve stripes just a tad. Also, I'm still not a fan of the red alternate.

Tampa Bay still needs some work. Have your tried a curvier number font? Also, I think the black "stripe" looks even more out of place than the silver one. I think it would look better with more of a sort of gradient, like you have on the away. Finally, with the pants stripe, maybe you could have a curved break between the two colors rather than a straight diagonal break.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

Archived