San Jose Sharks Stadium Series Concept (Pixelmator & Gimp)

DaRadniz29

So the other day I notice TRoyConcepts San Jose Sharks modern set and saw that he used Mr. Wonka's template. and proceed to get said template and see what i could do. Also I've been curious to try this fairly new program for mac called Pixelmator. Which is where most of the design and stuff was completed in.

I've had a Sharks Stadium Series concept since the game-event was announced last week. Looking through numerous concepts on here and on the web I didn't see anything like what I wanted, so I moved forward with it.

Here it is:

0XxT0OE.png

While last season Stadium Series games featured modern jersey sets with vibrant colors, unique patches and chromed crest logos that were, well…different.

This season, I’m hoping is different and opted to combine a modern feel with and old-time look.

Starting with the Sharks original jerseys used for the hem and sleeve stripes.The old Fin-in-circle shoulder patch. To complete the vintage look, I went with a cream colored sweater instead of white.

The Jumping Shark logo and a not-quite-matte-black shoulder yoke for the modern feel. Straying from last year’s chrome-fest, I opted for a embroidered crest.

The back of the sweater is not too much different with the numbers, just made them smaller. Used the current name plate.

See below for more detailed images. C&C as always. Thanks checking these out :D

DxK2iwo.jpg

kEXhZkx.jpg

Yeah I may be giving the NHL too much credit in asking or hoping they "tone down" the Stadium Series Sweaters. :).

I will try and work on these as the template for a brand new uniform set for the Sharks - though how do teams have to wait to switch uniforms is it 5 seasons? I also thought about going with no Shoulder yoke with the set in the original post, but once I added a black yoke, it was kind of like *ding* so.

Also I might do a more stadium-esque series set for the Sharks. Do you think they would do what the SJ Earthquakes did and don a Red sweater?

I hope not - Mainly because it's a chance for the Sharks to showcase themselves to the world and they should really do something unique. But then again, the decisions the organization has made this off season makes me wonder a bit..

The Sharks are a team that had it right with their original uniforms. I thought they were fantastic.

I like this concept because it reminds me of those. I wouldn't mind seeing something like this replace their regular ones.

I'd change the number font to more of a block style, though.

I wonder what a colored version of this would look like (black or teal?).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback. I've been tinkering with a few different ideas for the home version of the set above. I'm trying to decide if I should have a shoulder yoke and if so, should it be white or black. Also struggling with a numbers font that looks good. Anyway, while mulling that over, I came up with a more stadium series-esque sweater.

Taking a cue from the old shark-fin-in-water logo that I used for the patch, I made the stripes out of the waves, changed up the color scheme to better blend in with the shoulder stripes. I added what I call a etch-chrome effect to the jumpin' shark. Adjusted the teal to kind of a mixture of current and old, with the older getting a bit more flavor if you will. A few things need cleaning up, and added but here's the start:

xKK8NSM.png

Thanks for the feedback. I've been tinkering with a few different ideas for the home version of the set above. I'm trying to decide if I should have a shoulder yoke and if so, should it be white or black. Also struggling with a numbers font that looks good. Anyway, while mulling that over, I came up with a more stadium series-esque sweater.

Taking a cue from the old shark-fin-in-water logo that I used for the patch, I made the stripes out of the waves, changed up the color scheme to better blend in with the shoulder stripes. I added what I call a etch-chrome effect to the jumpin' shark. Adjusted the teal to kind of a mixture of current and old, with the older getting a bit more flavor if you will. A few things need cleaning up, and added but here's the start:

xKK8NSM.png

Archived