High School Football Redesigns

NH4

FVL looks pretty good as they are (hell, all the Appleton schools are looking good these days!). I'd try to stick to that as much as possible while making your design elements more sublimiated, like the crosses on the pants, or the paw prints on the shoulders.

These look great so far.

Once you're done with the "Fox Valley Association" conference, could you stay in the same area and do the "Eastern Valley Conference"?

Thanks. I already have FVL done but is there a specific team you want?

I was going to say FVL, but could you also do Berlin? Berlin is the Indians but I think they might be going without a nickname or changing their nickname soon because of the stupid PC laws in Wisconsin over Native American nicknames.

Indians is as generic a nickname as Panthers or Tigers. Goodness forbid a school in a town that's 0.6% Native American should be forced to choose an identity that's actually relevant to their community.

Sorry to get off topic natolian10, but illwauk has to do some better research on our state (instead of doing a wiki search of Berlin's 2010 census). The school became the Indians in 1939, not 2010. Berlin is named the Indians after the Mascoutin Indian tribe that was in the area back in the 1600-1800s. http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/Content.aspx?dsNav=N:4294963828-4294963788&dsRecordDetails=R:BA14638 What I meant by the Wisconsin law is that only takes one person (doesn't have to be Native American) living in the school district to file a complaint to the state and then the school is basically forced to change the name. And that's what Berlin is going through right now, Tom Sobieski the man that filed the complaint is white, retired farmer who graduated from the school in 1962 and never publicly complained about the nickname until the law was passed in 2010.

JeKhnr9.png

Maybe you'd have a point if they were actually called the Berlin Mascoutins, or if Berlin were derived from a Native American word (like, say Mukwanago, which is also known as the Indians); but the town was founded in 1850, named after a famous city in Germany, and (as far as I can tell) never had a significant Native American population. For Berlin, a name like Indians is eccentric, out of place, and doesn't reflect the town's own history.

If anything, this should be seen as an opportunity for the town to re-claim some of its own Germanic heritage, which it started running away from in the face of anti-German sentiment after the two world wars. The black bear is a symbol of Berlin's namesake city in Germany, and also makes for a very appropriate identity for a school in the northwoods.

Sorry guys I've been out of it for awhile having my wisdom teeth pulled I should've said something but somehow I forgot. I did update FVL however and will be getting to some requests soon.

Update: Paws moved to shoulder like normal. I have always liked the paws there but I did want to do something different but decided to leave them.

Removed the crosses on the sleeves. I like them better on the pants.

FVLHome_zps6a3cd771.png

FVLHome2_zps77aaca18.png

FVLAway_zpscb4a2824.png

FVLAway2_zps904193d8.png

FVLAlt_zps39af6149.png

FVLAlt2_zps9d0f4bd0.png

Archived