Sign in to follow this  
untvar

Grand Rapids Griffins

The Griffins are the minor league affiliate of the Red Wings. They need an alternate jersey. I'm done with the logo, but still entertaining ideas for the sweater. Would you guys kindly give me some c&c on these five:

what works and what doesn't work with each of them... and most importantly, WHY?

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/HMUwUoHDrUKyWjg5aEkAwtMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

Official%2520Reebok%2520NHL%25201.png

1. Was obviously inspired by the Ducks alt jersey. I wanted to give the team this option because lots of minor teams like to use a pattern from a major leaguer.

2. Tries to mimic the lightning-like shadows on the feathers.

3. Tries to go as traditional as I'm willing to go on an alt jersey.

4. Tries to mimic the swooping shape of the wings.

5. Adds some embellishment to the wings.

[if you need to see official Griffins jerseys, they're right here on sportslogos.net]

I really like this, but would like to see whit instead of that light grey in the logo

The logo is pretty nice. Interesting idea for sure.

I have to agree replacing white with the grey would make it pop more, and number 2 is by far the best. Really original and ties to the logo more.

Thank you for the comments. I'll try to create some options with #2.

I definitely like 2 the best. I think 5 could also work if you thickened the gray stroke.

Ok here are some variations of #2. I'm trying to make sure the logo doesn't get lost in the bold jersey design. Any c&c welcome.

A. original

Official%2520Reebok%2520NHL%25202.png

B. White logo

Official%2520Reebok%2520NHL%252021.png

C. white stripes and logo

Official%2520Reebok%2520NHL%252022.png

D. grey logo, thicker stroke, white hilight reversed

Official%2520Reebok%2520NHL%252024.png

E. thinner lightning, thicker stroke

Official%2520Reebok%2520NHL%252025.png

After seeing the grey, the white jumps out at you. That being said, C is still the best. Still not to big on the jersey itself but the logo is definately on point. Possibly using a simple look like the Wings do but having the jersey almost split red with blue endings, just to make it its own?

@ TampaBae,

The fate of that logo is not yet sealed: it may become someone's property within the next month or two. I think it would be a very bad idea to start using it casually at this point in time. Ask me again in two months, please.