• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is totally unbiased and credible.

Avs at 30?

Canes at 17?

I can see this in the goldmine in 2 years lol

You_Must_Be_New_Here.jpg

Simply mentioning the goldmines means it has no chance of going there.

Just like real life. Seems legit

Traditional = Boring

What is the real difference?

While they may be boring, at least traditional sets don't have gradient helmets, and alarm-clock numbers.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Here's how I feel on this issue:

In the NFL, I really like traditional-looking uniforms (Packers, Colts, Browns, Bills, Raiders, etc.) But I feel as though the NFL really can and should expand on modern uniform and helmet designs for some of the more contemporary teams. For example: as I have said several time before I LIKE TAMPA BAY'S NEW LOOK. Save for the numbers (which actually aren't THAT bad from what I've seen) and the miss-matched shoulder patches, they're great modern uniforms that really complement the Nike template. Seattle's uniforms have grown on me. I also think that I'm one of the only people around here that liked Minnesota's 2006-2012 uniforms. And as much as it pains me to say it: I don't see a problem with the Patriots' set. Yes, Jacksonville is awful but there are a lot of tame and "traditional" sets that are horrible too (Rams, Saints, Cowboys, Giants, etc.)

In the NHL, I generally think traditional-looking uniforms look better. Some of the quirky 90s-esque uniforms are fun to look at and try to hunt down on eBay, but for the most part, sign me up for Boston, Montreal, Dallas, Edmonton, New York Rangers, and even Detroit. Again, though, as I've mentioned it before, I don't see the love Chicago gets. Their whole look is average at best, but I digress.

/opinion

NHL

30. Pittsburgh- a terrible cookie-cutter scheme with a gold that looks completely washed out. F.

29. Ottawa- their only saving grace is their alt, which by itself is right up there with the classics. The primaries are terrible. F.

28. Colorado- Another example of a team with a once fantastic set, ruined by the edge redesign. F.

27. Calgary Flames- Just a mess. Too many mismatching striping patterns. With their color scheme, they have the potential to have a great uniform. F.

26. St. Louis- If the rumors are true, then they're back into the top 10. F.

25. San Jose Sharks- It looks like a practice jersey. The elimination of the shoulder yoke and hem stripe were negatives. I like the minimalizing of orange and am hoping for a return to a uniform based on either of their previous sets. F.

24. Florida Panthers- They once had one of the best uniforms in the league. A hem stripe is needed and the half arm stripes need to go all the way around. An edgified version of their original uniform would instantly vault them into the top 10. D-.

23. Washington- Way too much going on. So much potential if cleaned properly. D.

22. Carolina- There's nothing bad about it and it's grown on me a bit, but the fact that they had a great, unique uniform already and changed it just for the sake of changing it bothers me. D.

21. Arizona- Add a hem stripe and it's great. In my opinion, it could also use very subtle black trim to match the logo and shoulder patch. D.

20. Buffalo- The home and away are great, aside from a few details. They would be closer to 10 if not for the atrocious alternate. C-.

19. Los Angeles- Has the makings of a great uniform, but I'm not a fan of the vertical arm stripe and the hem stripe needs to be on the home. C-.

18. Nashville Predators- The apron-piping (my number one pet peeve on a hockey uni) has to go. Otherwise, nice. C.

17. Tampa Bay- Although plain and what some may call it a clone of the Wings or Leafs, it's not ugly by any means. C.

16. Columbus- A clean middle-of-the-pack uniform. Nice alternate as well. B-.

15. Vancouver Canucks- Lose the completely unnecessary 'VANCOUVER' and you jump up a couple spots. B-.

14. Anaheim Ducks- Great move losing the word-mark. B-

13. Minnesota Wild- It's the red jersey that knocks it down. The green and white unis alone are top 10 without question. B.

12. Winnipeg- These have slowly grown on me big time. When they first came out, they were a bottom 5 to me. Not a big fan of the over-used double blue, but still a fairly solid uniform. I'm not sure if it's on purpose or not, but the striping patterns look like that of a fighter jet. B.

11. Edmonton Oilers. B.

10. Dallas- They hit a home-run with their re-brand. B+.

9. New York Islanders- A solid jersey based on those worn during their dynasty years. Excellent move dropping the terrible black alt. B+

8. Philadelphia Flyers- There are a couple of things that bother me, such as the over-lapping numbers and I still can't decide if I like the nameplate or not, but regardless, it's a nice, old-school looking uniform. B+.

7. Toronto Maple Leafs- I love the uniforms, but they should make the alternate logo the primary. A.

6. New Jersey Devils- Pretty much a modern classic. The foundation of the uniform hasn't changed much since their move to Jersey, other than color. It's stood the test of time in a age where trends are constantly changing. A.

After this point, these are pretty much interchangeable depending on my mood:

5. New York Rangers- Makes you think you're watching hockey in the roaring 20's. A+.

4. Detroit Red Wings- Virtually unchanged for 80 years. A+.

3. Montreal Canadiens- A classic. A+.

2. Chicago Blackhawks- Clean, balanced, gorgeous striping patterns. Tomahawk on the shoulders is the cherry on top. A+.

1. Boston Bruins- Just perfect. And that's coming from a Habs fan. A+.

sig.png

1. Lakers

2. Warriors

3. Celtics

4. Bulls

5. Spurs

6. Heat

7. Nets

8. Hornets

9. Knicks

10. Wizards

11. Blazers

12. Kings

13. Raptors

14. Jazz

15. Cavs

16. Bucks

17. Pistons

18. Nuggets

19. Rockets

20. Suns

21. Magic

22. Grizzlies

23. Wolves

24. Pelicans

25. Clippers

26. Mavericks

27. Pacers

28. Hawks

29. Thunder

30. Sixers

Warriors #2???

Unquestionable Top 3

1. Bulls

2. Celtics

3. Lakers

4. Spurs

5. Heat

6. Blazers
7. Cavs

8. Wizards

9. Pistons

10. Knicks

11. Hornets

12. Warriors

13. Rockets

14. Jazz

15. Pelicans
16. Nets

17. Raptors

18. Magic

19. Bucks
20. Grizzlies

21. Pacers
22. Nuggets
23. Wolves
24. Kings
25. Clippers
26. Thunder
27. Mavericks

28. Hawks
29. Sixers

30. Suns

sig.png

My kinda indepth ranking.

30 Sixers- Horribly Generic, every single set they wore before this was better

29 Kings- The new wordmark moves them out of last place but no jersey with that # font can be considered good.

28 Nuggets- Use the alternate as inspiration for the entire set the jerseys right now have a terrible striping pattern.

27 Hawks- Had a unique set in the Wilkins era unis, switched it out for the awful giant hawk jerseys and switched to the RWB scheme for no reason.

26. Thunder- What exactly are their colors? This team really needs new unis

25. Clippers- Number is too small and their piping looks horrid

24. Raptors- Switch back to purple and red or black and gold because red and black is so generic when 3 teams way more known than them use it.

23. Pacers- Inconsistent piping, like the alt though.

22.Suns- The home uniform is decent the rest just plain sucks.

21.Rockets- Home and alt look nice the aways are what does it for me, why gray over white or yellow?

20 Pelicans- It should say pelicans on the home jerseys in a bigger font. The design is pretty good just wish they used red more

19 Grizzlies- Meh colors and good font just want more yellow or a return to Vancouver era colors.

18 Charlotte Hornets- No pinstripes and asymmetry bug me but I love the teal alt.

17 Mavericks- Decent but there are way better and they need to bring green or gray back.

16. Nets- Kinda look like the cavs but they have better colors but the cavs has the set first so I'll rank them higher

15. Cavs- Don't like the absence of blue besides the logo and cavfanatic unis.

14. Bucks- The beveling looks good IMO and looking at the teams uniform history reminds me how much better they could look.

13. Timberwolves- Unpopular opinion but these look awesome.

12. Jazz- The colors have potential and this set especially the green alt do it pretty good justice.

11. Magic- I really like this set the colors and pinstripes really work for me.

10. Knicks- The logo is pretty good and the set works for me.

9. Pistons- One of the worst nba logos but their unis almost make me forget about that.

8. Heat- love the italic # font and the flaming t my only complaint is the use of black more than yellow but they should both remain in the color scheme.

7. Spurs- Good clean look, minus the stupid alts.

6. Trail Blazers- I don't like the red alt but I like the rip city and the uniqueness of the home jerseys.

5. Wiz- Lovely tribute to the bullets besides a few nitpicks with the blue alt this set is top notch

4. Lakers- The gold and purple unis are about as iconic as they come they don't have a good logo but I really love the unis.

3. Warriors- If they stop with the sleeves this might take the top spot.

2. Celtics- Having celtics on the road is an improvement and gosh darn do I love the way the green and white looks the black on the alt is questionable though

1. Chicago. Classic. Iconic. Beautiful. Chicago Bulls uniforms.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

I rated each teams' unis on a 1-5 scale and went from there...

1.Vikings

2.Bears

3.Bills

4.Steelers

5.49ers

6.Packers

7.Chiefs

8.Colts

9.Texans

10.Browns

11.Seahawks

12.Broncos

13.Saints

14.Lions

15.Raiders

16.Chargers

17.Titans

18.Dolphins

19.Eagles

20.Jets

21.Cowboys

22.Giants

23.Panthers

24.Rams

25.Cardinals

26.Ravens

27.Redskins

28.Falcons

29.Bengals

30.Patriots

31.Buccaneers

32.Jaguars

Cue the "this is my favorite teams" stuff.

Honestly, how can you separate teams like the Packers and the Bears? If you like classic uniforms, they're basically a wash. I'd almost prefer these kinds of lists were broken into Clear Losers, So-Sos, and Obvious Winners. You can't really hate the Yankees and then like the Tigers. Or the BoSox and Cards. It's like they tend to have such similar design that ranking Team A above Team B is purely subjective and really open for interpretation.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I'm going to stray from the numbered ranking system and just list teams alphabetically in one of three columns- Good, Meh, and Bad.

NFL

Good

Buffalo Bills

Chicago Bears

Cleveland Browns

Dallas Cowboys

Green Bay Packers

Indianapolis Colts

Kansas City Chiefs

Minnesota Vikings

New Orleans Saints

New York Giants

New York Jets

Oakland Raiders

Pittsburgh Steelers

San Francisco 49ers

Washington Redskins

Meh

Carolina Panthers

Denver Broncos

Detroit Lions

Houston Texans

Miami Dolphins

New England Patriots

Philadelphia Eagles

St. Louis Rams

San Diego Chargers

Bad

Arizona Cardinals

Atlanta Falcons

Baltimore Ravens

Cincinnati Bengals

Jacksonville Jaguars

Seattle Seahawks

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Tennessee Titans

A little add on to my list, any monochrome jersey/pant combination that isn't white gets knocked down into the bad column.

Cue the "this is my favorite teams" stuff.

Honestly, how can you separate teams like the Packers and the Bears? If you like classic uniforms, they're basically a wash. I'd almost prefer these kinds of lists were broken into Clear Losers, So-Sos, and Obvious Winners. You can't really hate the Yankees and then like the Tigers. Or the BoSox and Cards. It's like they tend to have such similar design that ranking Team A above Team B is purely subjective and really open for interpretation.

Good idea.

NBA

Clear Losers

- 76ers

- Hawks

- Jazz

- Bucks

- Raptors

- Rockets

- Timberwolves

So-so

- Hornets

- Pelicans

- Nets

- Pacers

- Magic

- Mavericks

- Warriors

- Grizzlies

- Clippers

- Lakers

- Suns

- Kings

- Thunder

- Spurs

Obvious Winners

- Knicks

- Wizards

- Cavaliers

- Pistons

- Celtics

- Heat

- Nuggets

- Trail Blazers

- Bulls

90758391980.gif

MLB

1.Dodgers

2.Giants

3.Cardinals

4.Red Sox

5.Braves

6.Blue Jays

7.Angels

8.Tigers

9.Reds

10.Pirates

11.White sox

12.Royals

13.Mets

14.Yankees

15.Mariners

16.As

19.Phillies

18.Cubs

19.Astros

20.Indians

21.Rockies

22.Orioles

23.Rays

24.Twins

25.Diamondbacks

26.Rangers

27.Nationals

28.Brewers

29.Padres

30.Marlins

So one thing that bugs me is that a team called the Angels focus so much on red something you'd associat with demons or hell. I think the Angels would be better off useing Powder Blue/Navy and Gold, I just think it'd fit better.

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

MLB

1.Dodgers

2.Giants

3.Cardinals

4.Red Sox

5.Braves

6.Blue Jays

8.Angels

9.Tigers

10.Reds

11.Pirates

12.White sox

13.Royals

14.Mets

15.Yankees

16.Mariners

17.As

18.Cubs

19.Astros

20.Indians

21.Rockies

22.Orioles

23.Rays

24.Twins

25.Diamondbacks

26.Rangers

27.Nationals

28.Brewers

29.Padres

30.Marlins

So one thing that bugs me is that a team called the Angels focus so much on red something you'd associat with demons or hell. I think the Angels would be better off useing Powder Blue/Navy and Gold, I just think it'd fit better.

You forgot the Phillies.

I'm a newbie to this board. Been reading around here the past few days and I have really enjoyed the content of this site and forum. Full disclosure: I generally am a traditionalist when it comes to sports uniforms, but that's not to say I don't like some of the modern unis as well.

This is how I would rank the MLB uniforms.

The best of the best

1) Yankees: Love them or hate them, their uniforms are iconic and a classic.

2) Cardinals: Classic look. I especially like their old school look that they wore in Game 3 of the World Series last year.

3) Tigers: This is my team, so I am a bit biased, but I believe they have the best home uniforms in the game. The Old English D is awesome. I prefer their 80s road uniforms, but the current road unis aren't bad themselves.

4) Dodgers: Clean, classic look that hasn't changed over the years. Their home uniforms are just beautiful.

5) Athletics: I love their entire set, especially their new green alternates. The darker shade of green, plus the logo on the left side of the uniform instead of "Athletics" spelled across is a major improvement. My favorite alternate unis in baseball.

6) Giants: Love the cream colored home uniforms. Goes well with their ballpark. Their colors scream October baseball.

7) Red Sox: Home whites are great, but they need to go back to their road unis from the 2000s. Not feeling the current ones. Also, please ditch the alternate blue and red uniforms. Those are so terrible. Sox would be higher on this list if they did just that.

8) Royals. Like the A's, their whole set is great. Really like the powder blue Sunday uniforms.

9) Blue Jays: Going back to their old school look two years ago was one of the best decisions they ever made. Their previous uniforms were awful. These are crisp and clean looking. My fave is the blue alternates.

10) White Sox: Not sexy, but it's a classic look. Glad they don't wear the vests anymore.

11) Cubs: Don't care for the blue unis, but the home and roads are good.

Good but not great

12) Mariners: Maybe the most underrated uniforms in baseball. The teal alternates are bad, but everything else is very solid.

13) Pirates: Home whites are awesome, but they wear black way too much. I'm not a fan of black unis unless that is your team's main color (i.e. the Raiders, Spurs).

14) Orioles: Same as the Pirates, stop wearing black. Also, I really, really hate their caps. I know many will disagree, but sorry.

15) Mets: They stopped wearing black (good!), but they do something even worse....wear camouflage. Yuck. Their regular unis are nice, though.

16) Phillies: Solid.

17) Nats: Simple, classy look.

18) Reds: Solid.

Average/mediocre

19) Astros: I like the new uniforms better than their old ones, but I don't see anything special about them.

20) Braves: Meh. As with the Red Sox, they need to ditch the alternates.

21) Rangers: Love the blue alternates the best. The rest are fine, but ordinary.

22) Angels: Should go back to their 80s uniforms. Current ones are alright, but nothing special. Hate the red alts.

23) Indians; I really have no idea what is their home uniforms are anymore. I think somebody here said it best: Cleveland is in an identity crisis right now. The road unis are nice, but the "C" logo on the caps are just bad. I get wanting to move away from Chief Wahoo, but they can do better.

24) Twins: Very definition of average.

The Worst

25) Brewers: Need a change. Don't like the color scheme.

26) Rays: I actually liked their previous green uniforms (2002-2007) better than the current ones. The current ones are just so blah.

27) Rockies: 1) Ditch the vests. 2) Ditch the black. I think it's time for a makeover for this team. Purple makes them unique, but change the design of the unis and lose the pinstripes.

28) Padres: Very bland and boring. Need a makeover. Change up the colors. Blue and white is so overused.

29) Marlins: They had good uniforms before. Teal made them unique. Why change? The new logo is a disaster and there is way too many colors going on. I actually like their road grays, but they never wear them anymore.

30). Hate everything about them. Hate the colors, hate the logo, hate the text. I think it's all ugly. Their original uniforms weren't great, but in comparison to these, they look so much better.

Archived