Ranking The Big Four Uniforms

newenglandpatriots

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NHL

30. Pittsburgh- a terrible cookie-cutter scheme with a gold that looks completely washed out. F.

29. Ottawa- their only saving grace is their alt, which by itself is right up there with the classics. The primaries are terrible. F.

28. Colorado- Another example of a team with a once fantastic set, ruined by the edge redesign. F.

27. Calgary Flames- Just a mess. Too many mismatching striping patterns. With their color scheme, they have the potential to have a great uniform. F.

26. San Jose Sharks- It looks like a practice jersey. The elimination of the shoulder yoke and hem stripe were negatives. I like the minimalizing of orange and am hoping for a return to a uniform based on either of their previous sets. F.

25. Florida Panthers- They once had one of the best uniforms in the league. A hem stripe is needed and the half arm stripes need to go all the way around. An edgified version of their original uniform would instantly vault them into the top 10. D-.

24. Washington- Way too much going on. So much potential if cleaned properly. D.

23. Carolina- There's nothing bad about it and it's grown on me a bit, but the fact that they had a great, unique uniform already and changed it just for the sake of changing it bothers me. D.

22. Arizona- Add a hem stripe and it's great. In my opinion, it could also use very subtle black trim to match the logo and shoulder patch. D.

21. Buffalo- The home and away are great, aside from a few details. They would be closer to 10 if not for the atrocious alternate. C-.

20. Los Angeles- Has the makings of a great uniform, but I'm not a fan of the vertical arm stripe and the hem stripe needs to be on the home. C-.

19. Nashville Predators- The apron-piping (my number one pet peeve on a hockey uni) has to go. Otherwise, nice. C.

18. Tampa Bay- Although plain and what some may call it a clone of the Wings or Leafs, it's not ugly by any means. C.

17. Columbus- A clean middle-of-the-pack uniform. Nice alternate as well. B-.

16. Vancouver Canucks- Lose the completely unnecessary 'VANCOUVER' and you jump up a couple spots. B-.

15. Anaheim Ducks- Great move losing the word-mark. B-

14. Minnesota Wild- It's the red jersey that knocks it down. The green and white unis alone are top 10 without question. B.

13. Winnipeg- These have slowly grown on me big time. When they first came out, they were a bottom 5 to me. Not a big fan of the over-used double blue, but still a fairly solid uniform. I'm not sure if it's on purpose or not, but the striping patterns look like that of a fighter jet. B.

12. Edmonton Oilers. B.

11. Dallas- They hit a home-run with their re-brand. B+.

10. New York Islanders- A solid jersey based on those worn during their dynasty years. Excellent move dropping the terrible black alt. B+

9. Philadelphia Flyers- There are a couple of things that bother me, such as the over-lapping numbers and I still can't decide if I like the nameplate or not, but regardless, it's a nice, old-school looking uniform. B+.

8. Toronto Maple Leafs- I love the uniforms, but they should make the alternate logo the primary. A.

7. New Jersey Devils- Pretty much a modern classic. The foundation of the uniform hasn't changed much since their move to Jersey, other than color. It's stood the test of time in a age where trends are constantly changing. A.

6. St. Louis- Were bottom 5 before this re-brand. A very clean look with some elements combining different eras. Very well done. A.

After this point, these are pretty much interchangeable depending on my mood:

5. New York Rangers- Makes you think you're watching hockey in the roaring 20's. A+.

4. Detroit Red Wings- Virtually unchanged for 80 years. A+.

3. Montreal Canadiens- A classic. A+.

2. Chicago Blackhawks- Clean, balanced, gorgeous striping patterns. Tomahawk on the shoulders is the cherry on top. A+.

1. Boston Bruins- Just perfect. And that's coming from a Habs fan. A+.

sig.png

I'm going to stray from the numbered ranking system and just list teams alphabetically in one of three columns- Good, Meh, and Bad.

NFL

Good

Buffalo Bills

Chicago Bears

Cleveland Browns

Dallas Cowboys

Green Bay Packers

Indianapolis Colts

Kansas City Chiefs

Minnesota Vikings

New Orleans Saints

New York Giants

New York Jets

Oakland Raiders

Pittsburgh Steelers

San Francisco 49ers

Washington Redskins

Meh

Carolina Panthers

Denver Broncos

Detroit Lions

Houston Texans

Miami Dolphins

New England Patriots

Philadelphia Eagles

St. Louis Rams

San Diego Chargers

Bad

Arizona Cardinals

Atlanta Falcons

Baltimore Ravens

Cincinnati Bengals

Jacksonville Jaguars

Seattle Seahawks

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Tennessee Titans

A little add on to my list, any monochrome jersey/pant combination that isn't white gets knocked down into the bad column.

I'll follow your concept: except I'm going with The Good, The Meh, The Bad, and The Grays (Top 10 & Bottom 3)

The Good:

Green Bay Packers (1)

Chicago Bears (3)

Minnesota Vikings (2)

Kansas City Chiefs (10)

Oakland Raiders (4)

New York Giants (9)

Pittsburgh Steelers (6)

Washington Redskins

Carolina Panthers

New Orleans Saints

Houston Texans (5)

San Diego Chargers (8)

New England Patriots

Detroit Lions

Baltimore Ravens

Tennessee Titans (7)

New York Jets

Detroit Lions

The Meh:

Seattle Seahawks

Cincinnati Bengals

Philadelphia Eagles

Atlanta Falcons

Miami Dolphins

Denver Broncos

Buffalo Bills

Cleveland Browns

Arizona Cardinals

Indianapolis Colts

San Francisco 49ers

The Bad:

St. Louis Rams

Dallas Cowboys (30)

Jacksonville Jaguars (32)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (31)

Any team that uses a gray facemask when gray is not used anywhere else in the uniform automatically drops to the meh position. Even though the rest of their uniform may be amazing.

spacer.png

1. Cavs (Love these. Love the lack of white and the simplicity)

2. Spurs

3. Heat (Was my #1 in their original uniform)

4. Celtics

5. Pistons

6. Lakers

7. Clippers

8. Bucks

9. Bulls

10. Hornets

11. Nuggets

12. Grizzlies

13. Pacers

14. Sixers

15. Nets

16. Knicks

17. Wolves ( really thought they’d be lower..a lot of meh uniforms)

18. Warriors

19. Blazers

20. Kings

21. Jazz

22. Rockets

23. Pelicans

24. Hawks (but I really wish they were red/yellow)

25. Wiz

26. Raptors

27. Magic

28. Mavs

29. Thunder

30. Suns

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived