Hand-Drawn San Diego Padres Concept - Secondary Logo & Wordmark Sketches

TheGiantsFan

I'm still ongoing with my recent Rays concept, but I suddenly came up with an idea for the Padres today. So here goes...

As much as I like the Padres to go brown and gold, I think that brown and light blue wouldn't be too bad at all. And to those paying attention, this is slightly (or maybe more) inspired by my fictional Paradise Stallions identity in my main thread.

For now, all I have are ideas for a primary logo and wordmarks:

BvIHKJMCAAId5CB.jpg

First of all, the wordmarks are inspired by the Padres' home jersey script from 1969-1973, and road jersey script used between 1969-1977. As for the primary logo, it is inspired by the "home plate" look of the Padres 2004-2011 primary logo and a nod to the design of Mission San Diego de Alcala is seen at the top part of the logo.

What do you guys think?

I really like that logo. Nice job.

Thank you! I feel that it expresses the actual "Padres" side of the team identity in a subtle way.

you mind if i trace it with ai just to see what it wood look like?

Sure, I wouldn't mind at all!

-----------------------

Don't worry guys, I haven't forgotten about this concept! Just haven't had the time to work on it much yet...

I've always been a fan of the Padres returning to some form of brown/yellow/orange, but I really like what you did here with the brown and light blue. It's a great compromise between the two images the team is trying to balance and the addition of the mission silhouette to home plate was a nice touch for the primary. Can't wait to see some uniforms.

Looking good so far

Thank you!

I've always been a fan of the Padres returning to some form of brown/yellow/orange, but I really like what you did here with the brown and light blue. It's a great compromise between the two images the team is trying to balance and the addition of the mission silhouette to home plate was a nice touch for the primary. Can't wait to see some uniforms.

I myself would love to see the Padres go back to yellow and brown (not orange and brown because that looks too much like the Giants), but I have heard suggestions about a brown and blue Padres, so I decided to give that a try. As for the balance, I do like the Padres' current "beach" themes, but I did incorporate the brown and the mission to also emphasize the Padres' mission theme. Glad you like them so far!

Has a lot of potential, and I really like the off center touch, like the old 79 (78?) uniforms.

Thank you! And that's exactly where I based the off-centerness of the logo from. Also makes the logo look better, too!

The mission/home plate combo is outstanding.

Thank you very much! I like it myself, too!

-------------------------------------------------------

Haven't gotten much time lately to work on this concept, but now I'm back with a secondary logo and wordmarks for the alternate jerseys.

BwZSed1CAAAJWYG.jpg

The swinging friar returns as a secondary with some recoloring and a new roundel border. As for the alternates, I'm planning a light blue home alt and a brown road alt. Although I'm pretty content with these, I'd be happy to take suggestions on a different alt jersey style as I do admit that my alt jersey designs might be a bit repetitive.

What do y'all think?

~ Daryl

Archived