Phoenix Senators

jdhawk

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking around here for quite some time, and finally have a reason to post something. Recently, I joined a vintage baseball team called the Phoenix Senators. We wear uniforms and equipment made to 19th Century specifications, and play under rules from the 1860's through 1880's. We've only played a few games so far, and the team is brand-new and doesn't have a logo, so I thought I'd try my hand at it. Here's what I've come up with, and I'd like your opinions before I submit this to the team. I didn't want to create anything too flashy. Something simple with few colors, that looks like it might have been used by an old team at some point.

Senators-1.gif

The stitching on the bottom half of the circle represents the stitching patterns of the baseballs used in the early days of the sport. The top half of the circle represents the copper dome and "Winged Victory" statue that sits atop the Arizona State Capitol building. The lettering is about as close as I could come to the lettering on our uniforms. Here's a team picture so you can see what they look like. The unis are grey with black lettering. And in case you're wondering, I missed that game and I'm not in the photo. Oh yeah, the date on the photo is 140 years off. :D

phx1.jpg

Feedback much appreciated! Thanks!!!

Dave

Archived