FORUM TERMS & RULES
- Please take a moment to review these rules detailed below. If you agree with them and wish to proceed with the registration, simply click the "Register" button below. To cancel this registration, simply hit the "Back" button on your browser.
- Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.
- The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.
- You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violate of any law.
- You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.
- PLEASE review the Official CCSLC Rules, Regulations and FAQ thread before asking any questions on the forum or by personal message to the moderator team.
CCSLC CODE OF CONDUCT
1. KEEP IT CIVIL — No Aggressive Language, Insults, Flaming, Name Calling or Harassing
- Our No. 1 goal as moderators is to make the CCSLC a welcoming, inclusive place for sports logo/uniform and graphic design enthusiasts.
- Aggressive and/or uncivil language will not be tolerated in any area of the forum or in any artwork posted to the forum.
- Personal insults directed at other members or excessive profanity, either direct or implied, in any post or artwork will not be tolerated.
- The forum has a text profanity filter that is regularly updated. Any artwork that contains profanity that would otherwise be filtered out of text will be deleted by moderators.
- Aggressive and/or uncivil language, personal insults and excessive profanity may result in a suspension, up to and including a permanent ban.
2. No Trolling
- Posts or artwork intended solely to antagonize and provoke other CCSLC members or to throw a topic off course in an inorganic fashion are not permitted.
- Trolling will be determined at the moderating team’s discretion and may result in a suspension, up to and including a permanent ban.
3. No Racist, Sexist, Homophobic or Other Hateful Language and/or Artwork
- Language and/or artwork that is derogatory or hateful against others — whether directly against other board members, or against people or groups in general outside the forums — is not permitted.
- This includes but is not limited to hateful language and/or artwork based on: age; gender orientation; sexual orientation; religion; race; ethnicity; physical ability; or mental ability.
- Hateful or derogatory language and/or artwork will be determined at the moderating team’s discretion and may result in a suspension, up to and including a permanent ban.
4. No Graphic or Sexual Content
No images (photos or drawings), descriptions, or links to graphic content are permitted.
- This includes but is not limited to: depictions of blood, gore and severe injuries; depictions of bodily functions (e.g., feces, urine, vomit); depictions of excessive violence; and depictions of drug use.
No images (photos or drawings), descriptions, or links to sexual content are permitted.
- This includes but is not limited to: pornography; depictions of sexual acts (implied or otherwise); and depictions of genitalia.
- The CCSLC is intended to be suitable for all ages, and any potentially offensive material will be reviewed on a per-case basis by moderators.
- Posting content the moderating team deems graphic or sexual may result in a suspension, up to and including a permanent ban.
5. No Politics
- Posts and artwork of a political nature or referring to politics, whether explicitly or implicitly, that are not relevant to the topics of sports or graphic design are expressly prohibited on the CCSLC.
- This includes but is not limited to: jokes; links to news stories; concepts depicting political figures or using partisan political symbols; or any other content the moderating team deems to be of a politically incendiary nature.
- Such content also may not be used in members' signatures, user titles, avatars or profiles.
- Posts and artwork referring to politics that are relevant to sports or graphic design must not be overly partisan or incendiary.
- Posting politically incendiary content may result in a suspension, up to and including a permanent ban.
6. No Discussion of Native American/First Nations/Indigenous Peoples Team Name Controversies
- The discussion of Native American, First Nations or Indigenous Peoples team name controversies, like various political topics, often devolves into name calling, straw-man construction, and other assorted "tactics" not suitable for intelligent, mutually respectful debate.
- Team name/identity changes that have officially been announced may be discussed, but will be heavily moderated to ensure they remain civil.
- Beginning a discussion on Native American, First Nations or Indigenous Peoples team name controversies without a sufficient reason or news source, or injecting inflammatory language or artwork into an existing discussion, may result in a suspension, up to and including a permanent ban.
7. No Alternate ID's - One Account Per Individual
- The CCSLC operates on a one-account-per-person policy.
- Creating an alternate account may result in both the original account and the alternate account being permanently banned. Moderators may review alternate accounts on a case-by-case basis and permit the merging of multiple accounts into one if no malicious intent is found.
- Sharing an account among a group of people is not permitted.
- If you have forgotten the password to your account, DO NOT create a new account. Please use the “Forgot Password” option on the login screen.
- New accounts that are found to use similar information as existing accounts (e.g. similar email address, similar username, matching IP address) will not be approved by administrators.
8. Account Deletion
- In general, CCSLC policy is to NOT delete accounts, unless there are very exceptional circumstances. This preserves the integrity of the discussions on the forums and holds members accountable for comments they post.
- Members are free to edit their profiles to remove any personal information they have supplied at any time. The only exception is email addresses, which are required to log in to the forums as an enhanced security feature.
9. Do Not Post on Behalf of Banned Members
- Banned members have been banned for a reason. Once they are banned, they are done with this forum.
- Assisting a banned member in getting back on the forum will result in a suspension, up to and including a permanent ban.
- This includes, but is not limited to, posting concepts and requests on behalf of a banned member.
10. No Outside Advertising
- Any posts or threads created solely to promote a store will be removed. This includes making posts with the intended purpose of promoting your own listings or shops on sites including but not limited to: eBay; Craigslist; Kijiji; Etsy; and CafePress.
- No outside advertising is permitted for members’ personal off-board ventures. This includes but is not limited to: websites; blogs; YouTube videos; streaming channels; podcasts; companies; and fantasy leagues.
- Exceptions may be considered by the moderator team in cases where outside websites will inherit material removed from the board.
- Advertising an outside venture on the CCSLC may result in a suspension, up to and including a permanent ban.
11. Do Not Steal Bandwidth
- Use a photo hosting website, such as Imgur, to host photos that you’d like to share on the CCSLC.
- Photos cannot be uploaded directly to the CCSLC due to server costs.
- A tutorial on posting photos can be found below in the FAQs.
12. Keep Off-Site Drama Off This Site
- If you had a disagreement or falling out with someone on another site or in real life, don't bring it here. Leave your grievances at the door.
- Do not derail normal board discussion with drama in your personal life. The board is not meant to serve as your personal therapy couch.
- Arguing with other members about off-site issues or derailing threads with personal drama may result in a suspension, up to and including a permanent ban.
13. Do Not Post Private Conversations
- Private conversations between members — including but not limited to: forum private messages; instant messaging chats; and emails — are private and should not be posted publicly.
- If you feel threatened or harassed by messages sent through forum PMs, you can report it to the moderating team using the Report feature. Click on the “...” button in the top left corner of the message and select “Report.”
- Do not pursue methods outside of posts on this board to insult, attack, or harass other members.
- Posting private conversations and threatening/harassing other members through private conversations may result in a suspension, up to and including a permanent ban.
14. No Spam
- Any account determined to be posting spam messages will be flagged as a spammer by administrators, resulting in the account’s content being deleted and the account being permanently banned immediately.
15. Age Minimum
- You must be at least 13 years old to sign up for an account on the CCSLC.
- While we operate on the honour system with regards to age at signup, if moderators find evidence that you are under 13 years of age, your account will be suspended until your 13th birthday.
16. Concepts Forum Guidelines
- In addition to the rules set out here in the CCSLC Code of Conduct, anyone posting in the Concepts forum is expected to adhere to the Concepts Forum Guidelines, which can be found here.
- The Concepts Forum Guidelines provide guidance on posting constructive criticism and the acceptable use and posting of artwork. Please familiarize yourself with these guidelines before posting in the Concepts forum.
- Failure to adhere to the Concept Forum Guidelines may result in a suspension, up to and including a permanent ban.
17. Reporting Posts to the Moderation Team
- The report button is a tool to report posts that contravene the Code of Conduct to the moderation team. DO NOT abuse the report button with insignificant issues that don't disrupt the day-to-day flow of the forum. This includes but is not limited to: bad jokes; unconstructive criticism; opinions you don't agree with.
- Do not use the report button to request an update to a topic or artwork.
- Do not use the report button to request an edit to a thread’s title or content that does not contravene the Code of Conduct (e.g. double posts, updates to thread titles). These housekeeping duties will be carried out either by the original poster or by the moderating team in their own time.
- Abuse of the report button may result in a suspension, up to and including a permanent ban.
- While submitting a message along with your report is marked as optional by default in the forum software, please note that reports without messages will be discarded. Please include as much information as you can with your report to help moderators deal with it more effectively.
18. Board Discipline
- Significant infractions of the above rules will result in a vote by the moderation team.
Each active moderator will cast a vote between zero and 10. Punishments are determined by a sliding scale based on the number of active moderators at the time.
- Please note that, regardless of the number of moderators, a permanent ban is ONLY enacted when EVERY moderator submits a vote of 10.
- After at least half the moderators have cast their votes, a punishment based on the current point total will be assigned. This will be adjusted once all votes have been tabulated.
- After at least half the moderators have cast their votes, the remaining moderators will have 72 hours to cast their votes. At the end of 72 hours, the cast votes will be averaged, with that average assigned as the votes of the absent moderators and the punishment will be increased based on the final point total.
- In cases where a ban is mathematically possible, the ban will only be carried out once all moderators have voted, regardless of the length of time it takes for the vote to be completed.
- There is no appeal process for suspensions and bans. Moderators will NOT contact members to obtain additional context or explanation prior to a suspension or ban being enacted. If moderators feel strongly enough to act, they will do so based on what was posted on the forums.
- Please note that the moderator who enacts a suspension or posts a public announcement of a suspension is acting as a representative of the moderator team and in no way holds any personal power or bias.
- DO NOT contact any member of the moderation team outside of the CCSLC to argue a suspension or ban. This includes but is not limited to: Facebook; Twitter; text message; phone call; Skype; and email. Such messages will not be answered, and the offending account and any associated IP and email addresses will be automatically banned.
- NOTE: This disciplinary process does not apply to spammers or to accounts proven to be circumventing board suspensions. Such accounts will be immediately banned upon discovery.
- After two years, banned members may apply for the opportunity to be reinstated. Details on the reinstatement process are available here.
19. No Circumvention of Moderation Team Imposed Punishments
- Any member who exhibits behavioral issues that are noticed by the moderator team or are reported to the moderator team and are issued an official warning, will be subject to an IP check.
- Any member served with a suspension or a ban will immediately have his/her IP address checked.
- Accounts that have been suspended or banned are subject to periodic IP address checks in the interim period after a suspension/banning has been enacted.
- An IP check will only be conducted after the initiating moderator has consulted with at least one (1) other moderator to determine if it is an appropriate course of action.
- Members who are found to have created new accounts in order to sidestep punishments will have both their original account and the new account(s) permanently banned immediately.
- All new members will automatically have their IP addresses checked as part of the account approval process.
- Any user who flaunts the use of IP masking software or trolls the moderation team in a way that indicates that they were previously banned or suspended will face disciplinary action.
20. Rule Changes
- The moderator team retains the right to update these rules as necessary.