Forum Terms & Rules
Please take a moment to review these rules detailed below. If you agree with them and wish to proceed with the registration, simply click the "Register" button below. To cancel this registration, simply hit the 'back' button on your browser.
Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.
The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violate of any law.
You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.
CCSLC CODE OF CONDUCT
1. No Insults, Trolling, Flaming, Name Calling, Harassing, Etc.
We will not tolerate insults, excessive profanity or throwing a topic off course in an inorganic fashion. Use of racial, bigoted, sexist, or discriminatory terms or phrases is not accepted. Posts intended solely to antagonize others are not accepted. Keep topics/posts where they belong. Generally speaking, play nice.
2. No Gore, Porn, or Sexual Content
No images, descriptions, or links to graphic or pornographic content, including any form of nudity, or nude cartoons. No sexual content, including discussion of sex acts (implied or otherwise), or posts about genitalia. The public boards are intended to be suitable for all ages, and anything that could offend members of the community will be reviewed on a per case basis by the site staff.
3. No Politics
Posts and topics of a political nature or referring to politics, whether explicitly or implicitly, that are not relevant to the topics of sports or graphic design are expressly prohibited on the CCSLC. This includes but is not limited to: jokes; links to news stories; concepts depicting current or recent political figures or using partisan political symbols; or any other content the moderating team deems to be of a politically incendiary nature. Such content also may not be used in members' signatures, user titles, avatars or profiles. Posts and topics referring to politics that are relevant to sports or graphic design must not be overly partisan or incendiary.
4. No Discussion of Native American Team Name Controversies
This topic, like various political topics, often devolves into name calling, straw man construction, and other assorted "tactics" not suitable in intelligent, mutually respectable debate.
5. No Alternate ID's - One Account per Individual
We operate a one account - one person/IP address policy. Creating an alternate ID will result in both the original account and the alternate ID being permanently banned immediately. Sharing accounts among a group of people is also forbidden. If you have forgotten your password please use the "forgot password" link as a newly registered account on the same IP will be banned.
6. Do Not Post Things For Banned Members
This includes, but is not limited to, concepts and requests. Once they are banned, they are done with this forum. Banned members are gone for a reason, assisting them in getting back on the board will result in a suspension.
7. No Business or Personal Ads
Any posts or threads solely to promote a store will be removed. This includes making posts with the intended purpose of promoting your own ebay, Craigslists, or Kijiji pages.
8. Do Not Steal Bandwidth
Use a photo hosting website.
9. Keep Off-Site Drama Off This Site
If you had a disagreement or falling out with someone on another site or in real life then don't bring it here. Leave your grievances at the door. Additionally, do not derail normal board discussion with drama in your personal life. The board is not to serve as your personal therapy couch.
10. Do Not Post Private Conversations
This includes PM's, IM's and emails. Additionally, do not pursue methods outside of posts on this board to insult, attack, or harass other members.
11. No Spam
We do not allow spamming. Spam will be deleted and the account banned instantly.
12. No Disruptive Posting/Flamebaiting/Trolling
Trolling will not be tolerated. Users who troll others consistently will be subject to disciplinary actions.
13. Age Limit
The minimum age allowed to post on this forum is 13. If we discover that you are under this age your account will be suspended until your 13th birthday.
14. Reporting Posts to the Moderation Team
The report button is a tool to report posts to the moderation team. Do not abuse the report button with insignificant issues that don't disrupt the day-to-day flow of the forum (bad jokes, opinions you don't agree with, etc.). Abuse of the report button can lead to disciplinary action. Additionally, do not submit blank reports. We can't be expected to guess the specific thing about a post you are upset by.
15. Board Discipline
Significant infractions of the above rules call for a vote by the moderation team. Each of the nine active moderators will cast a vote between 0 and 10. Punishments are determined by the following scale:
- 90 - Ban
- 81 to 89 - 1 Year
- 72 to 80 - 9 Months
- 63 to 71 - 6 Months
- 54 to 62 - 3 Months
- 45 to 53 - 2 Months
- 36 to 44 - 1 Month
- 27 to 35 - 2 Weeks
- 18 to 26 - 1 Week
- 9 to 17 - 3 Days
- 0 to 8 - No Punishment
After five moderators have cast their votes the punishment based on the current point total will be assigned. After the fifth vote is cast the remaining moderators will have 72 hours to cast their votes. At the end of 72 hours the cast votes will be averaged with that average assigned as the votes of the absent moderators and the punishment will be increased based on the final point total. In cases where a ban is mathematically possible the ban will only be carried out once all eight moderators have voted regardless of the length of time it takes for the vote to be completed. There is no appeal process. Do not contact any member of the moderation team outside of the CCSLC (Facebook, Twitter, text message, phone call, Skype, email, etc.) to plead your case. NOTE: This does not apply to spammers or to accounts proven to be circumventing board punishments.
16. No Circumvention of Moderation Team Imposed Punishments
- Any member who exhibits behavioral issues that are noticed by the moderator team or are reported to the moderator team and are issued an official warning by the moderator team will be subject to an IP check.
- Any member served with a suspension or a ban will immediately have his/her IP address checked.
- Members serving suspensions or banned accounts are subject to periodic IP address checks in the interim period after a suspension/banning has been enacted.
- An IP check will only be conducted after the initiating moderator has consulted with at least one (1) other moderator to determine if it is an appropriate course of action.
- Members who are found to have created new accounts in order to sidestep punishments are subject to possible further discipline or banning at the discretion of the moderating team after internal discussion.
- All new members will automatically have their IP addresses checked as part of the account approval process.
The moderating team will consider several criteria in determining if further discipline or banning is warranted. The criteria include, but are not limited to:
- the amount of time that has passed since the punishment;
- the disciplinary record and community standing of the new account; and
- whether either account has engaged in activity that would unduly benefit an account held by the same person (i.e. voting in contests, transferring fantasy teams).
- Additionally, any user who flaunts the use of IP masking software or trolls the moderation team in a way that indicates that they were previously banned or suspended will face disciplinary action.
17. No outside advertising
No outside advertising for websites, companies, fantasy leagues, etc. will be allowed on the board. Exceptions may be considered by the moderator team in cases where outside websites will inherit material removed from the board.
18. Lost Password Procedure
In the event of a forgotten password, please ensure that the email address associated with your account is active and follow the "forgot my password" procedure. Do NOT create a new account. If you forget your password and your account is associated with an inactive email address please contact @sportslogosnet on Twitter or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org so that your email may be updated.
19. Rule Changes
The moderator team retains the right to update these rules as necessary.