Cavemen Logo

kphealey

I created this logo in PS months ago for someone in the requests section here. It was only second thing I've done with extensive use of the pen-tool (only behind the first logo I offered up for that request). I was pretty proud with the way it turned out, but in looking through my files, it's pretty obvious that it can be improved.

I'd appreciate any insight into how I can improve this logo.

cavemencopycu6.png

Thanks a lot in advance.

It's actually a pretty creative concept, but I'll throw out a few problems I see...

First of all, the Caveman is just too tall. My focus is completely diverted to his face and away from the wordmark. Try shortening his torso to even out the focus between the angry face and the words.

Secondly, regarding the wordmark, the "Kentucky" font is far too generic and gets lost due to its diminutive size. It needs to be larger and thus will require a more interesting (for lack of a better word) font. The "Cavemen" font looks very 80's to me and doesn't convey "caveman" imagery. Perhaps a custom font made to look like sticks and stones, or something along those lines, would be better

Lastly, regarding the caveman's face, you need to lower his eyes and nose to a more natural position on the face. Assuming you are committed to the sort of squared off head, his eyes now appear to be about where his forehead should be. I also think he could use some ears. Nothing too detailed, just an indication that he has them.

Hope that gets things rolling.

Untitled-1-1.gif

Sig by TalktoChuck

Archived