How to create a football photoshop template

fsu_fan

- Can someone point me to a tutorial or a youtube video? I've searched for it but most of the tut's I've found is for websites etc... I love seeing new templates here and I understand why posters don't release them so I'm trying to learn to do my own.

This is the way I do it, broken down into its most simplest form. If this is too basic, I can explain the next stage afterwards if you like.

Basically, you need to find (or create) a reference image which is plain white with black lines for the outline.

e.g. something like this:

4056319625_62d429f0d1_o.jpg

Then set up your layers and layer types similar to this one in photoshop:

With the image posted above set to multiply, so that all layers underneath can be coloured and show through correctly.

Then if you want to place any logos, put them above the colour layer and above/below the multiply layer, depending on whether you want them to be above/below the template pattern.

Obviously this is a very simplified explanation, but until you understand it fully there is no point continuing. For photorealistic templates it is a lot more complicated. If you click the deviant art logo in my sig then you can see some of the PSD templates I have made and the above method put into action and try to understand how I have implemented it.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Archived