ICHS Rebranding Project

SkinsChop

Hello everyone, I'm SkinsChop. I've been viewing the board for a few years but only now decided to create an account. I had a request regarding my school and was wondering if anyone could help with this. There has been many complaints in the area recently regarding Indian Creek High School in Wintersville, Ohio home of the Redskins. It's about their looks. Many people no longer approve of the color scheme (bright red and mustard yellow) and are asking for a change, with two colors in particular: dark red and old gold (Florida State gold). A little history behind the two colors: before Indian Creek existed there were two school, Mingo (whose colors were dark red and black) and Wintersville (colors were blue and old gold). Then when the 2 schools consolidated, the community wanted the colors to be blue and black (blue from Wintersville and Black from Mingo). The board turned this down and instead gave us bright red and mustard yellow, two colors that weren't even apart of the school's history and can sometimes look pretty bad. That's why we're requesting the change. We were originally going to go with blue and black for the project, but thought the dark red and old gold would be better so it could be similar to the school's current dreadful colors. And since no one in the community expects any change to happen any time soon, I was thinking about taking matters into my own hands. But since I have no experience at uniform concepts / photoshop I was wondering if I could receive the help of the CC community. I was wondering if someone could create a new logo with the dark red and old gold colors and possibly a few sports uniform concepts to go with it (football, basketball, etc.) that resembles some of the history of our school. Something that shows a tribe of Redskins getting ready to go to a battle. Heck, even people who are fans of some of our schools biggest rivals (Steubnville, Richmond Edison, etc.) think that it's time for a change. I've seen the work people on here can do and am amazed by it and can only imagine what this project can be. Anyone can join in on the project, I'd love if multiple people come with ideas. In a couple months (or when we get far enough with the project) I will take it to the school board along with a petition that is in the process of being made soon and maybe we can get the change we want. If you want to view the current logo, this may help http://www.mghelmets.com/Ohio.html you can scroll down to Indian Creek's logo and helmet on that page. thank you to anyone who wishes to participate in this.

Possibly if the school district gets on board the rebranding could be paid by the high school athletic boosters.

Another thing to consider is: Do you want to keep the name Redskins? Personally, I'm fine with it, but there's many who view it as a way to keep a stereotype alive. In short, do you want a new look? Or a new name?

As of now, the Redskins name is fine. There was some ideas to change it to the Warriors, but that may not be the best idea because then many Mingo residents and former alumni would be upset that their old rival's nickname would be the school's new nickname. And there was already some bad blood between the two towns regarding the consolidation so that may just make it worse. So were looking to get a new look, not a new name.

Remember, we are not wanting to pay for the concepts or logo. Just a concept like any other concepts in this part of the board. Just putting it out there for anyone so then if someone makes it and the boards on with it, we won't be getting sued for not paying anyone who makes a concept for this. The boosters club may pay the purchase of any new uniforms the athletics plan to get using the new branding.

Archived