Super Bowl LII is fast approaching, and it features will feature essentially the same uniform matchup as Super Bowl XXXIX. 13 years is a long time, and the uniforms for both the Patriots and Eagles are definitely starting to feel dated.

I'm not a huge fan of the Patriots' current uniforms, but with this being New England's 8th super bowl in the look, with 5 rings already won, the set is approaching iconic status. So, while I would love to overall the Patriots' look, I decided to look at how they could realistically update the current uniforms while keeping the same basic look and feel.

The helmets are completely unchanged; I know many don't like the red facemasks, but I don't mind them. Keeping the helmet design firmly connects the updated uniforms to those worn during the Brady-Belichick Super Bowl dynasty.

The navy jerseys are mostly the same, with a few key updates. The silver shoulder stripe remains, but red and white stripes are added underneath to better distribute color throughout the uniform. Side panels are completely removed; another minor change is that the silver and red outlines on the numbers are reversed to reflect the shoulder stripe pattern.

The white jerseys have similar changes to the navy jersey; the shoulder stripe pattern is navy-silver-red on white.

The pants designs all feature triple stripes matching the shoulder stripe (red-white-navy on silver, silver-red-white on navy, silver-navy-white on red, and navy-silver-red on white).

p1otEns.png

I included red and silver alternate jerseys; the red jersey has silver-navy-white stripes while the gray jersey has red-white-navy stripes.

reTKe6g.png

g0J7XqK.png

If two helmets were allowed, I think an all white helmet would be a good alternate look for the Pats.

HTplOgy.png

The number one word that comes to mind when I think of the Eagles' current uniforms is "drab." The combination of midnight green, black, and gray is just really dark and all seems to run together. The best solution to the problem, in my opinion, is going back to a brighter green color. Don't get me wrong, I like midnight green as a color; that's what I kept it as an accented color. Kelly green and silver do run together a bit without a third accent color, and midnight green was a better solution than black in my opinion.

The primary helmet is kelly green, with a silver facemask and white, midnight green, and silver wings.

The kelly green jersey features double white-midnight-silver-midnight-white sleeve stripes, a bit of a throwback look. The numbers follow a similar pattern; I will admit that the numbers ended up looking thinner than I initially planned due to the double outline. The white jersey follows a similar design.

The pants (white, silver, and green) feature stripes with a similar pattern, with the eagle logo appearing on the hip.

zAAZleZ.png

kFKWyFT.png

Went ahead and mocked up both silver and midnight green alternate jerseys. Not sure how well, if at all, the kelly green helmet works with the midnight green jersey; ideally it would be paired with silver helmets, as seen farther down.

LrsmGuG.png

A second helmet would ideally be silver; when paired with silver pants, the silver helmets would work with any of the jerseys.

NpPmLeg.png

Archived