CFB Both Teams Wearing Colors

RickAZ

The North Carolina vs Georgia game has both wearing their colored jerseys. USC/UCLA tradition not withstanding, this isn't done much in football. It's a great look. Seems like NC and UCLA could wear their light blue against most teams, especially with all the teams with the different variations of red. What are the rules on this? I know USC/UCLA had to get this reinstated after there was a rule against this, but I now think the home team has to approve this. The Chick-Fil-A game doesn't have a home team for this NC/Georgia game. I could see the home team not wanting the visiting team to wear their colored uniforms. 

It wasn't that uncommon up until the early 1970s, and has started up again within the last few season. Here are the official NCAA rules (1-4-5-2 and 1-4-5-3 to be exact):

1-4-5-2. The visiting team shall wear white jerseys; however, the home team may wear white jerseys if the teams have agreed in writing before the season.

1-4-5-3. If the home team wears colored jerseys, the visiting team may also wear colored jerseys, if and only if the following conditions have been satisfied:

a. The home team has agreed in writing prior to the game; and

b. The conference of the home team certifies that the jersey of the visiting team is of a contrasting color.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived