JoeDGemma's NFL Uni Cleanup

JoeDGemma

On 2/12/2017 at 1:39 PM, JoeDGemma said:

Atlanta is up next. As one of the few who love the falcons current set, I didn't want to do much to overhaul their system, but adapt it to current Nike templates and remove some of the 2000's clutter. For this concept I removed the drop shadow from the numbers while maintaining the same typeface. The Falcons word mark has been removed from the chest, and the shoulder piping has been completely eliminated. The grey outline on the helmet logo has been eliminated. New pants striping to be thicker to match the shapes seen in the logo. Away numbers changed from Red/Black to Black/Red to make up for the contrast lost when removing the shadow. All black alternate has returned only to be worn once or twice a season. Matte helmet.

Home_zpsfvpw2avi.jpg

Away_zpsrsfpthvn.jpg

Alt_zpsyb8vbeqh.jpg

Overall I think your concepts are good so far, however I don't love the Falcons ones as much, I think mainly because I generally don't like when the sleeves are a different color, it reminds me of the current mess the Falcons have, plus I guess I still have a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to black pants and teams that INSIST on wearing the black leggings look (Saints and Ravens) my suggestion would make the entire jerseys all one color for ATL and have the road unis be all white. But again that's just my personal preference, all of this is subjective lol 

On 2/12/2017 at 1:27 PM, JoeDGemma said:

Up first is the Arizona Cardinals. For this uniform, I decided to combine the look of the late 90s–Mid 2000s uni with current day elements. I've removed the outline from the numbers, while maintaining the existing typeface for numbers and name. The sleeves remain plain red as they did in the 2000's with the TV numbers being placed on the shoulders. Underneath, a subtle rubber texture of cardinal wings that is seen when hit by the light. Think Jacksonville's shoulder texture. Facemask updated to be Cardinal red and pants have been given a classic two stripe treatment. Atlanta Falcons are up next.

Home_zpslmrpw5o7.jpg

Away_zpsi2tfc2mc.jpg

I do really like these, I especially love the red face mask. I think it's a must for any Cardinals concept. Only suggestions, maybe add a small secondary logo on the sleeves, perhaps the Arizona flag, or some other alternate logo (if it even exists) currently they feel a touch empty and it might make them pop just a bit more. Also I'd like to see what the away uniforms looked like with white pants and red socks

Archived