Fixing the Arizona Cardinals rebrand

CaptainEricVGC

I'm going to wager variations of this title are going to be very popular on the forums the next few days since the Arizona Cardinals decided to cosplay Ohio State instead of doing a proper redesign. The goal with this was to be less about what I would have done for the Cards redesign and more build on what they already and try to make it a bit more interesting.

It looks like the Cards are going with a brighter red than their previous set which I actually do like. The most disappointing thing for me with this new set was after all the teasing of copper in the promo videos they went with silver. A metallic copper I think would be a nice distinguishing element so silver gets swapped out for copper throughout. I do like one thick stripe on the sleeves and contrasting thin stripes so I keep that but offset it and I think it gives a nice desert feel to it. A red facemask was a no brainer. I don't know why they didn't do that. In the spirit of building on their new look as opposed to undoing it, I keep the wordmark on the chest and just shrink it.  You could pair this with the road red pants but I wouldn't recommend it.

As is my style preference, the road uniforms are just swaps of the homes. I think there's enough distinguishing elements on the  home white pants that it wouldn't look bad for an all white look.

First off, I am not of the mindset that the Cardinals should have a black jersey but if they must here's my take. The helmet isn't a gradient, that's just to show that it would have the light effect where it looks red when the light hits it. The striping is a little different here just because I think using the black to break up the stripes helps each one stand out a bit more. And a slightly different cardinal logo on the helmet and pants rounds out the blackout look.

• Like 3