Updating & Expanding My Fantasy Football Team's Identity (Uniforms Posted)

Wildcomet

So I have a team I named the Washington Insiders in a simulation-based fantasy league for indoor football, and found myself motivated to update my team's logo, and it ended up becoming a whole thing, lol. I only made fairly minor updates to the primary logo and helmet incorporating some techniques and knowledge I've gained the past few years, but I also ended up making a couple new secondary logos and a wordmark to go with them, and am now working on a uniform design haha. I figured I'd share what I did to see what people here may think. C&C is always appreciated.

Old Primary Logo - The general concept of the logo is based on the DC flag inside of a Pentagon, with an outline of the western DC border framed in the background. The marks along the top-right edge are a reference to a football's laces. I put 5 of them to match the 5 sides of a pentagon. The colors were maintained from what my team's identity was before becoming the Insiders, with some tweaks to the shading over the years.

Washington-Insiders-Primary-Logo-2021-60

Updated Primary - As you can see, I updated the font, switched to a lighter and more vibrant shade of green, and added a slight gradient effect to the gold elements. I also slightly changed the "laces" along the top-right edge to be more obelisk shaped. The logo also works without the text in the stripes, which will likely make an appearance on the uniforms when done.

Washington-Insiders-2024-Logo-600w.png

Secondary Logo - This secondary promotes the DC map outline from a pure background feature to a primary source of the shape of the logo, while the stars and stripes move inside the football that the laces on the primary hint at. The gold gradient is continued here.

Washington-Insiders-2024-Secondary-Logo-

Wordmark - The wordmark pulls out the team name from the primary, and gives it a gradiented gold outline and then the navy blue on the outside. The city and nickname are divided by the DC flag stripes (angled on the ends like the secondary logo) with the stars over the top. I initially tried to have the stars outlined with a gold fill like the stripes, but it just didn't work for the size I wanted on the stars and this way it keeps a better color balance I think.

Washington-Insiders-2024-Wordmark-600w.p

Fauxback Logo - I had fun coming up with this, trying to envision what logo the team could've had if it existed in the Pre-Superbowl days basically. I'll admit that I heavily based it off some old public domain political cartoons and stuff to make it so it's not as original of a work as the others, but it was just for fun. 

Washington-Insiders-2024-Fauxback-Logo-6

Helmet - This is the design I've used since the team became the Insiders, with the recent updates just being to the shades of green and more metallic-style gold. The flag stripes would wrap completely around the helmet and the green map outlines on each side meet at the top with no center stripe. I experimented with a gold visor but just didn't like it as much as I thought I would.

Washington-Insiders-2024-Helmet-600w.png

Well, there's everything I have for the Insiders so far; hope you all like it. I've got a rough idea of how I want the uniforms to look but still deciding on a couple things. I'm drawing some inspiration from the Northwestern football uniforms with the stripes under the numbers (not exactly like that, but similar) but I am open to suggestions. They'll likely also be posted on here when the time comes now that I've shared these.  Thanks to everyone who takes the time to look, react and/or comment!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

Thanks to those who looked and reacted to what I posted thus far. The time between Packers' picks in the draft has let me finish up the uniforms for the team, as well as a new template I wanted to try out. Please let me know what you think. Thanks!

Brand-Sheet-Washington-Insiders.png

I kept a consistent template for the home, away and alternate uniforms with the stripes and the stars from the DC flag as the main imagery the uniform is based around. Northwestern's jerseys from a couple years ago were the main inspiration for the jerseys here, though I did not like them actually going behind the numbers so I cut the stripes off before they get to the numbers on mine. The sleeves have a textless version of the primary on the sleeves, and the pants have the secondary logo in the middle of the stripes.

I imagined that the "throwbacks" as a de-evolution of the modern home uniforms. The throwback helmet would have the player number on each side in lieu of TV numbers on the jersey and is modeled on the helmet in the fauxback logo. I experimented with some of the trendy things like a pentagon or star texture pattern in the numbers but just didn't like how it looks too much. Hope you all like them!

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

• Wildcomet changed the title to Updating & Expanding My Fantasy Football Team's Identity (Uniforms Posted)