Galaxy Cup 2404 - A Star Trek Soccer Series

JamieRose

Galaxy Cup 2404

Ferenginar

This is a series I've been working on for a few years, and I've really wanted to get back to my roots of designing logos and uniforms.  After putting far too much time into research and translations, I'm finally ready to get the final designs for this series going!

Here's the 32 teams that qualified for this year's Galaxy Cup

https://imgur.com/tghfl00spacer.png

This will be updated as finished designs are posted (logos in gray are symbols for each civilization)

To get things started, this is FIFA - Fédération Interstellaire de Football Association / Interstellar Federation of Association Football

spacer.png

FIFA was founded in 2161 along with the founding of the United Federation of Planets.  The first Galaxy Cup was played in 2264, just before Captain James T. Kirk took the U.S.S. Enterprise on its famous five-year mission.  Since then the sport has grown across the Alpha and Beta quadrants and has been learned by new life and new civilizations far and wide.

Up next: the Galaxy Cup itself

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • WOAH 1

Now for the Galaxy Cup itself, with the name in both Federation standard and Ferengi languages --

spacer.pngspacer.png

This one was a little tough, since World Cup logos are kind of all over the place historically, and I didn't want to go with their current trophy motif.  In the end I took inspiration from signage seen on Ferenginar in Lower Decks with the colors from the Ferengi Alliance flag.  The center features a design from Quark's Bar that's on station Deep Space 9 because 1) I really just like the design and 2) since Quark's brother Rom is the Grand Nagus (leader) of the Ferengi Alliance, I could see Quark begging his brother to place an ad within the Galaxy Cup bid that eventually got pulled into the final logo. 

For the Ferengi people, hosting a Galaxy Cup is sure to earn record profits and was the sole motivation for even bidding in the first place.  As the 10th Rule of Aquisition states; greed is eternal.

Up next: United Earth

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Love the idea, and not just because if anyone on Earth is actually Ferengi, it's FIFA. 

I am rooting for the Vulcans, but I think the Borg Mannschaft has it this year. 

We will know which federation planet is getting ousted first if they wear red jerseys. 

• Like 2