Giants QB Change

JamesCraven

Okay, let me rephrase myself. I think the Rams could have been a dynasty. If Vermeil had stayed and held in the reigns of the Mad Scientist (Martz), they would have at least played Baltimore in the Super Bowl the next season, but I think they definitely would have beat the Pats in New Orleans. However, due to Martz's bad coaching (admit it STL, he is a horrible strategist) they didn't.

Exactly. The Rams were and are not a dynasty, but they should have been. Martz tore that down. The fact that it's taken that long is a reflection of how well all those people who made the team what is was in '99 did at their job.

I'm not denying that Warner didn't benefit from the offense around him. Put it around him again and he'd perform incredible. It's around Bulger right now. Not really incredible right now.

As for Faulk being a shell of his former self...he's down a bit, a shell is an exageration. The Rams have the duo of Faulk and Jackson to make up for that now though. The WR core is also better now than it was then.

Also, as for the Warner lost his last blah blah amount of games here and Bulger won a whole bunch in a row. You can choose to be ignorant and only look at that much, but the simple undeniable facts to anyone who watched each game was that Warner played superior teams to Bulger, Warner was hurt for some of those games, and, like it or not, Bulger recieved far better game plans from Martz than did Warner.

Regardless of who is better now, Martz lost much of the little respect he had left from me anyway in this weeks pregame when he stated that Bulger is as good of a QB as he has ever had. Pure BS.

I'm done making this case though. I simply can't convince anyone. Too many people are obsessed with one stat (W-L). Too many people are obsessed with stats, period. Nobody cares about how things actually happened. It's all about the results. Too many people are easily influenced by the media.

All I know is what happened was not right, and if Warner were starting for the Rams this year, they wouldn't be struggling at 5-4 in the worst division in football.

Archived