Got me thinking

jeh-see

I was reading the Topeka Toros topic and I got to thinking.....what happens to logos, uniforms and such when a team folds? Who has the rights to such items since the team is no longer in exsistance? Im sure thes things arent simply up for grabs for any old team to use, but on the other hand, why bogart cool logos and uniforms if they arent in use.....

Im sure there is a really "DUH" answer to this, but if someone could fill me in, Id appreaciate it.

~UJ

I was reading the Topeka Toros topic and I got to thinking.....what happens to logos, uniforms and such when a team folds? Who has the rights to such items since the team is no longer in exsistance? Im sure thes things arent simply up for grabs for any old team to use, but on the other hand, why bogart cool logos and uniforms if they arent in use.....

Im sure there is a really "DUH" answer to this, but if someone could fill me in, Id appreaciate it.

~UJ

Isn't there an implicit copyright on any artwork someone provides to the public, whether amateur, professional, officially "registered" or not. My guess is that in this case you would need to track down the artist if possible and if not provide a source to where you got the artwork. But hey, I am just an amateur myself so I should defer to the opinions of others here who I am sure know more than I do.

LT

Archived