Girardi New Marlins Manager

rmackman

Well, I guess we all expected this to happen since Florida wanted him as their guy from the get-go. I personally think this is a stupid move b/c McKeon has experience and already won a World Series. I honestly don't have much faith that Girardi will keep Florida from falling off of the baseball map. Yeah Willie Randolph and Ozzie Guillen have done okay as ex-players/bench coaches that became managers, but I really feel that Girardi doesn't have enough experience. We shall see.

6jIK2gTZ.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Well, I guess we all expected this to happen since Florida wanted him as their guy from the get-go. I personally think this is a stupid move b/c McKeon has experience and already won a World Series. I honestly don't have much faith that Girardi will keep Florida from falling off of the baseball map. Yeah Willie Randolph and Ozzie Guillen have done okay as ex-players/bench coaches that became managers, but I really feel that Girardi doesn't have enough experience. We shall see.

Well, I can tell you that Girardi has been groomed to be a manger for years now. This goes back to when Girardi was playing for the Yankees Joe Torre said then he would make a great manager. After he retired and a coachiong spot opened on the Yankees the Yankees hired Giradi to give him a little experience to help him get hired as a manager. I think the Marlins made a great move by making him their manager. Out of the other Yankee coaches that have become mangers I think Girardi will do the best.

The Marlins had no choice but to get rid of McKeon. The team quit on him late in the year.

Archived