First Logo

MDesign

My mom works for this small nonprofit agency here in town and I made this logo...

prht2.gif

and this website for them and I just wanted some C & C about them, especially the logo. (The white lines aren't part of the actual logo and doesn't show on the site so disregard that part of it.)

I made the page with Yahoo! Sitebuilder and still learning as I go. Thanks.

it has promise, but there are a couple things that bother me.

the colors don't contrast enough for it to be effective. it won't be able to be read from any sort of distance.

the type treatment, while you may think it looks cool, is far too casual for something in the financial sector. think to yourself, "would i want them handling my transaction?" after looking at the logo.

the type for "bridging the gap..." is far too whimsical.

here's what i would do:

prht_fiascoed.gif

? used the same logo, but shortened up the bottom half, almost giving it some added depth.

? used a more business-like font (trajan pro bold) for the company name, and kept it black to contrast with the logo.

? added another identifying mark in the logo itself, so it can be used as a standalone.

? changed the position and type (din 1451 engschrift, sheared 10º) for the tagline, so that is the first thing read and it stands out much better now.

hope this helps.

edit: oops, that's supposed to say "Homeowners" obviously.

You know...that does look better. I knew the fonts where crap.

Do you think I should do something with the logo itself to distingush the difference between a house and a bridge or is this just subtle enough to look like both?(Which is what I was going for.)

Archived