Chicago White Sox concept

jonkj

they are the Chicago WHITE Sox. if u add red you'd be pushing white to third colour status, which is not where it belongs. besides, what"s wrong with the current uniforms?

Adding red doesn't make the "White Sox" name a problem. I'd say the fact that their current socks are black makes the "White Sox" name a problem.

Speaking as a Cubs fan, the connection to the Bulls is not welcome here. We're a town divided on baseball, but we come together for the Bulls. Giving the Bulls and White Sox the same color scheme is going to alienate, or at least annoy, North Side basketball fans.

Anyway, none of this really improves on what they have now, which is a really strong look. The only change I'd make with what they have now would be to go from black socks to white socks with black and grey stripes. I like the C hat, though. That late 80s graphic package must be hard to find, because that's one of the only identities missing on the site. (Pre-teal Mariners, too.)

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Coming from a longtime Chisox fan, good job on these. From what I have heard from fellow fans, they would rebel at the thought of changing anything on what they have now, but I have always liked the idea of a slight red accent on what they have now. You achieved that. Regarding tradition, I think what holds the history of the Sox together is that old english S-o-x logo. Though rendered differently over the years, it has provided continuity and I was thrilled when it returned in 1990. As long as you keep that, I'm good.

LT

Archived