Who's replacing James Brown on Fox?

HedleyLamarr

Anyone like Bill Walton?  I hate when he calls Knicks games.  Otherwise, I think he's okay.

hes hooooooooooooooorible

I dislike Bill Walton SOOOOOOOOO MUCH, He's so arrogant, and the worst color analyst

You wanna go above and beyond the average Bill Walton announcing (awful)..

Listen to a game where is son is playing. Illinois/Arizona about 5 years ago. Worst announcing I've heard at the college/professional level.

I thought of that, too.

I could not believe CBS (I think it was CBS) actually allowed him to do that game.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joe Buck is a solid baseball announcer. He shows flashes of homerism when he's calling Fox's broadcasts of Cardinals games (or even National League games), but that's attributed to his deeper knowledge of the Cardinals than he has of other teams.

Buck just doesn't strike me as a qualified football host. Play-by-play....he's decent. Fox might have been better off using Chris Myers, simply because he has a lot of experience handling pregame and postgame duties.

Joe Buck is a solid baseball announcer. He shows flashes of homerism when he's calling Fox's broadcasts of Cardinals games (or even National League games), but that's attributed to his deeper knowledge of the Cardinals than he has of other teams.

My biggest problem with Buck (and I fully admit this could just seem this way since I'm a Cards fan) is that Buck refuses to be a homer for the Cards.

Don't get me wrong, he shows his knowledge of the organization. He's able to give more background stories about the Cards. But when it comes to showing a biasin who he wants to win, it always seems as though he tries so hard to not show that bias for the Cardinals, he shows it for the other team.

That may not be evident to anybody else though. I know some Cardinals fans agree with that assessment, but again, we have our own bias slanting that opinion.

Archived