Falcons' LB Boley Arrested for Battery

BlueSky

Face it, the NFL (and NBA for that matter) are littered with guys who, if the leagues did not exist, would be career criminals in some urban **** hole.

How do you know that? What is an urban "****hole"? Do you think that a lifetime of being treated differently than your peers, giving astronomical expectations for you athletics but zero for everything else might be a reason for crime in the sports leagues? And is it really that much? Are athletes more proportionately likely to commit violent crimes on average compared to, say, bankers? Or pharmacists? Or dog walkers?

I read the above comment as thinly veiled racism, but I read everything that way. I'm happy (and hoping) to be wrong.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I don't think athletes are more or less likely than anyone else to commit serious crimes. Some may have the attitude that they can do anything and get away with it, but they're in the minority IMO. I'm an emergency dispatcher and stuff like domestic battery happens all over the place every day. The difference is that when the aggressor is Joe Bob Schmuckinmeister instead of a professional athlete, we don't read it on the front page.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived