Draw Brawl 2 Feedback

vicfurth

I'm also looking for some C/C, even though I won.

BuenosAiresAllStarGame.png

I was pretty happy with the design, especially the contest results. I remember being hung up on making the actual primary flow (the partial logo was pretty set from the get-go).

The colors seemed like the obvious choice. The trick was not making it too girly (as a local friend of mine put it).

Some of the details on the unis are a bit small to see (player's team logo on the nape of the neck, the "AS 12" logo from the ticket is on the players' butt).

I ended up about 85-90% happy and ran outta time with all my homework.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

first off, id like to congratulate you on winning the challenge, you obviously deserved it.

to the design:

i have to agree with you, im 90% happy with this design. ill start with the 10% of the concept i think needs improvement. IMO, you shouldnt have used so much spanish in the design, or at least just have an english version of the primary logo. but you won using spanish in all of your design, so im pretty sure it doesnt matter that much.

also, this one is an extremely minor detail, but there is a little black notch on the left side of your primary and secondary logos. do you know where im talking about? i dont know if you meant to do that, but im very nit-picky, and i think if that is fixed, the design would be better.

now to my favorite parts:

i liked that you incorporated the argentinian flag into the jersey design. it ties the game closer to where its being held. i also like your ticket design. it perfectly ties your design to what it could look like in real life. to me, it looks like this ticket design is something that the NBA could really use.

i think i speak for many CCSLCers when i say this design deserved the victory, and we commend you on your efforts.

PS - as a new designer, im always looking for tips. my question for you is, what, if anything, inspired you during your challenge 2 design process?

Rockies fan since 1993.

Honestly, it started off with the "Big Metal Flower" landmark (which I'm shocked nobody used) and evolved into the whole flower motif I created.

The sun was originally only supposed to be in the tertiary logo (AS 12), but I ended up liking it and incorporating both the flower and sun equally.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Archived