Topeka CHL Name Poll

Ez Street

Which name do you like best?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok, today the Shawnee County Commission apporved the lease for a CHL team to play in Landon Arena beginning 2004-2005. There will be a press conf. Friday at 11am on the Concourse of the Expocentre with CHL league officials making a few comments and announcing the name the team contest. Thus why i posted this Poll, i figure i'll submit the one with the most votes.

Yes, i have mentioned this before.....

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=6161

Is this going to be an expansion team or simply the relocation of the Indianapolis Ice?

That is unclear at this moment. Horn Chen, the owner of the franchise, hasn't "Made up his mind". I'm sure that will be addressed in the Press Conference this Friday. My bet is we will have the old Indy guys playing for us. Rumor has it, Paul Kelly will return to Topeka and be Head Coach.

Twisters.....eh

Well i'm not exactly HUGE on that name. Here in Topeka we don't get nearly as many tornadoes as Oklahoma does.

I like the Railroad type names.

I see what you're saying... Twisters sounds so default for Kansas teams.

So take some owner-intiative and call the team the Railers (y'know... not like my voting for Railers has anything to do with this suggestion :D)

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Hey Ez Street,

Great Topekan mind's think alike I guess, I'm all for a railroad themed nickname, more partial to the Railers, Newton (KS) High School are the Railers and I think it's a cool name. Plus my dad is a Santa Fe guy and there are a lot of possibilites there for promotions.

No twisters or Wizards, enough with the Dorothy bullsh#t, am I right Kansans!?!

TR

rush.png

Clipboard03.jpg

Archived